Combox for Kid and Classic SL?

Started by davidshelton, July 09, 2017, 03:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidshelton

I think this was mentioned in one of the webinars earlier this year but are you working on networking the Kid and Classic SL's?  I'd be very interested in being able to connect one to an AXS port and Outback inverter or at least getting the Midnite CC viewable over local network or web.
thanks.
Installer in Central America based out of Nicaragua
FX3048T w/ Epanel and Classic 200SL w/Whizzbang jr, AXS port, 100Ah Outback 106NC,  4 x Topoint 190W 24V 72 cell modules. Grid tied currently.

KyleM

Quote from: davidshelton on July 09, 2017, 03:33:06 PM
I think this was mentioned in one of the webinars earlier this year but are you working on networking the Kid and Classic SL's?  I'd be very interested in being able to connect one to an AXS port and Outback inverter or at least getting the Midnite CC viewable over local network or web.
thanks.

The Classic and the KID use completely different interfaces, and programming languages. As far as I know, we are not working on a way to make them talk to each other. The SL can only talk to another Classic. Since it has no ethernet connector, all other RJ -45 connections are not an option.

Sorry,
Kyle

davidshelton

Sorry to re-phrase the question : is Midnite working on a combox so that you could network a Classic SL or a Kid? Would be cool if one could also connect it to an AXS port.
Installer in Central America based out of Nicaragua
FX3048T w/ Epanel and Classic 200SL w/Whizzbang jr, AXS port, 100Ah Outback 106NC,  4 x Topoint 190W 24V 72 cell modules. Grid tied currently.