MidNite Support Ticket System issue

Started by Vic, July 29, 2017, 03:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Tried using the MidNite Support Ticket System for the first time,  Monday of this week.

When entering the first character of my e-mail address,  got a curious Dialog Box;

"  Unable to save Draft,  try Refreshing the page ..."   or similar.

Since dealing with a Draft was not needed,   proceeded to fill out ALL of that form,  and submitted it.   Have heard nothing since (although I did call MN Tech on the phone,  several days later),   asked the Tech if this delay was customary,  "no",   and asked a few questions about some concerns with Legacy P&O on a Classic.

Later tried submitting another Ticket,   same Dialog box,   and no reply yet.

Sent an e-mail to the tech on the observations on using the system,   but have not yet heard back.

It would seem nice if there was a Robot that might give some feedback on weather or not the Ticket was accepted,   and what to expect next.

As it is,   there is a brief "please wait",  or similar for a second,   and  the form is gone,  and the previous navigation page is again displayed.

Without a Ticket number,  it is impossible to see if there is a Ticket application,  Pending a number being assigned.

Must have checked the noted e-mail address 150 times,   waiting for the number,   but  seems that it will never come ...

System here: Win7 & IE11.   Tried using two different computers on two networks,  at two different locations,   and seems that there is something amiss,  IMO.

FWIW,  there have only been several reports of issues with this system in the past,   so,  it must be my unusual system details,   or something ...

FWIW,   Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

Vic ,
I recently put in a ticket to get the new Kid wall mount that is offered to make wiring a lot easier.
I had to fill out various fields - forget what all - I just kept doing enough so that no error came back and the ticket was submitted.
I eventually received back an email with an RMA number but no ticket number and that email had support tech contact info .
I tried to look up the RMA number on the support ticket page but that didn't give any results. I waited awhile and finally emailed the support tech whose name was on the email I had gotten and explained that I didn't get a ticket number just RMA . He emailed back tracking number because it had already been shipped . I wouldn't have wanted to email support again - because I heard how busy those people are handling large volume of calls and emails every day . So I agree with you - if the support ticket system assigned a number and emailed it to you then I could have just looked it up myself .

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Robin

Sounds like I need to get Rob involved to see what is going on?
Robin Gudgel

Vic

Quote from: Robin on July 31, 2017, 01:39:42 AM

Hi Robin,

Know that all of you folks are very busy.

And,  if this was an issue for very many folks,   there would be many more comments here about it.

SO,  the issue  must have something to do with my system.   The Support Tech was unable to find my submission,   but it could be in your system somewhere.

On filing the second Ticket (which was really just comments on the Ticket system),   the submission form asked many fewer questions about the system details,   SO,   perhaps the submission was accepted,   and possibly  the system recognized me from before ?

Dunno,   not a big deal,  especially if very few others are having issues ...

Also,  the  questions were fairly obscure,   about the possible effects of ripple voltage on the battery terminals affecting the regulated charge voltages --  Vflt,   Vabs and Veq (ripple appears to lower these regulated voltages),   and so on.

May try forming several questions in a Post here in a few days ...

No need to reply,   THANKS!   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

KyleM

Quote from: Vic on July 29, 2017, 03:36:36 PM
Tried using the MidNite Support Ticket System for the first time,  Monday of this week.

When entering the first character of my e-mail address,  got a curious Dialog Box;

"  Unable to save Draft,  try Refreshing the page ..."   or similar.

Since dealing with a Draft was not needed,   proceeded to fill out ALL of that form,  and submitted it.   Have heard nothing since (although I did call MN Tech on the phone,  several days later),   asked the Tech if this delay was customary,  "no",   and asked a few questions about some concerns with Legacy P&O on a Classic.

Later tried submitting another Ticket,   same Dialog box,   and no reply yet.

Sent an e-mail to the tech on the observations on using the system,   but have not yet heard back.

It would seem nice if there was a Robot that might give some feedback on weather or not the Ticket was accepted,   and what to expect next.

As it is,   there is a brief "please wait",  or similar for a second,   and  the form is gone,  and the previous navigation page is again displayed.

Without a Ticket number,  it is impossible to see if there is a Ticket application,  Pending a number being assigned.

Must have checked the noted e-mail address 150 times,   waiting for the number,   but  seems that it will never come ...

System here: Win7 & IE11.   Tried using two different computers on two networks,  at two different locations,   and seems that there is something amiss,  IMO.

FWIW,  there have only been several reports of issues with this system in the past,   so,  it must be my unusual system details,   or something ...

FWIW,   Thanks,   Vic

Vic,
I remember talking to you about this issue on the phone last week.
I wanted to take a moment and update you on my progress.
I set up my test machine to your specifications and attempted to create tickets through the system. I have not had any difficulties all week.
Do you have any kind of pop up blockers or adware blockers installed on your system?

We take in approximately 40 tickets a day and this is the first we have heard of anyone having this type of issue.

I will continue to try and reproduce your problem here and find a solution for you.
For now try and disable any browser extensions and try to make a new ticket.
Or if you have another browser installed on your PC  please try that as well.

Once we know what the problem is I am confident we can find a solution.

Thanks,
Kyle

KyleM

Quote from: Vic on July 31, 2017, 12:10:49 PM
Quote from: Robin on July 31, 2017, 01:39:42 AM

Hi Robin,

Know that all of you folks are very busy.

And,  if this was an issue for very many folks,   there would be many more comments here about it.

SO,  the issue  must have something to do with my system.   The Support Tech was unable to find my submission,   but it could be in your system somewhere.

On filing the second Ticket (which was really just comments on the Ticket system,   the submission form asked many fewer questions about the system details,   SO,   perhaps the submission was accepted,   and possibly  the system recognized me from before ?

Dunno,   not a big deal,  especially if very few others are having issues ...

Also,  the  questions were fairly obscure,   about the possible effects of ripple voltage on the battery terminals affecting the regulated charge voltages --  Vflt,   Vabs and Veq (ripple appears to lower these regulated voltages),   and so on.

May try forming several questions in a Post here in a few days ...

No need to reply,   THANKS!   Vic

Vic we are never too busy to help our customers. Feel free to email me personally anytime with feedback and/or concerns.
Kyle

Vic

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the pointers;  Yes am running a PopUp Blocker,  but usually IE flags that a popup was blocked,   and asks if one wants to allow one,  once.   Did not see that ...

Let's just say,   that for now,  the Ticket system is fine.   And,  the issues must be with my two different systems  --  both Win7/IE11.

Have tried other Browsers,   but IE is best for what I do.

If there is a need to file a Support Ticket in the future,   will try a different browser,   and turn off the PU Blocker.

Thanks again,   for the generous support!   Vic