Dam just when its working smoothly

Started by Herman, July 19, 2017, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

It looks like we are going to sell up and moving up to move to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland just when I get the system running properly. I must admit we both enjoy the fact we have only two service bills phone and rates. So now with all the knowledge i have acquired with the help of the forums ill have to start all over again. I will keep you all posted with the progress.

boB

Herman, I hope you have a smooth-move !

Let us know how that goes.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Herman

Yep looking good Have a removal company looking after the move just need to find a place on the sunshine coast looking at an interesting property Saturday which is off the grid using gel batteries, Which I know two parts of nothing about so looks like I will find out Saturday.   

russ_drinkwater

Howdy Herman,
That will put you about 4 hours drive away from us then!
You looking for acreage and sea views mate?
Good luck and be patient as it is a hard sell for real estate at the moment.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

Herman

Hi Russ

Managed to get 20 Acres 10 minutes north of Maleny, unfortunately it is on the grid so I now have to convince the better half to go solar as she is liking the Idea of grid feed, I can understand her reasoning as there is would be no need to change the electric stove and the hot water system but ill wait to the first bill and see what happens :-) 

russ_drinkwater

Lmao, ok mate.
I am sure you will be shocked when it arrives.
Maleny is a really nice area and offgridqld has a house there in the hills.
Good luck with the shift and wife mind change attempt!
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

Herman

Yep I am waiting for the first bill not that i am holding my breath I will give it some time before I try to convince the wife to start going back to solar

russ_drinkwater

I am sure it will be unpleasant.
We got our cheque from Ergon for just under $6,000 two weeks ago.
They have been delaying for months on end.
When you owe them it is a different story Herman.
There is some talk that you will be able to buy power from different production sources.
Solar, coal fired genys etc.
Can not imagine what they would want for solar or wind turbine power per kw.

Herman

I am not going to hold my breath
Our first step before solar is to remodel the kitchen and the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms to solar and get the kitchen on at least a dual fuel cooker prob gas cook top and electric oven,
I am also convinced getting panels and feeding back to the grid is the first step as it is far cheaper than going the whole hog in one hit.

I do know where your are coming from as well it is their money and the do not wish to part with it, About the different source for your power supply i have been reading about it and they are saying if you produce enough power from you solar panels you should be able to provide other uses with your access power not that i can see you being paid for it   

russ_drinkwater

Mate we are on 44 cents a kw at the moment and all is running sweet so really I am a happy camper.
There are inverter battery chargers out there that you can just plug into your high voltage arrays Herman.
So you get your batteries charged and the feed-in as well.
If you go that way then you are halfway there to a standalone system which benefits!
My friend Kurt has moved from his castle in the mountains with standalone and gone to south australia.
Talking to him the other night and he is bracing himself for his first real power bill in years!