Classic 150 frequent rebooting

Started by 2twisty, July 23, 2017, 01:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2twisty

My classic 150 has started rebooting several times per day...out of nowhere.

What do I need to check?  Any idea what would make it reboot all the time?  I've got it set to reboot at midnight, but it's the middle of the day and it's already the 3rd time today it's rebooted.

ClassicCrazy

Maybe something is making the voltage drop so low to the Classic that it reboots ? Check all connections from Classic to battery and breakers too. Did you ever get it reporting to MyMidnite ? There may be some clues on history there or if you leave Local Status App on in the history from that .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

2twisty

Well, the solar breaker was tripped.  Not sure why...  that may explain today's reboots...  But not the ones I've been seeing over the last few weeks.

As for reporting to MN.com...

My Classic's ethernet port was damaged last year by a lightning strike.  So...uh...no.  I'm not reporting to anywhere.

boB

How often have you seen it reboot ?

This Classic has been running for quite a while, right ? 

Can you check the reason for resting reason ?  From main status screen, hold the LEFT-ARROW
key and while holding it down, press ENTER.   Top middle number should give a number
above 100.  105 or 111 or something in that range.

Could be auxiliary power supply being loaded down excessively from the Aux1 or Aux 2 outputs.
Are there any devices connected to them ?  If so, try disconnecting them temporarily or forcing
the AUX outputs to MANUAL OFF.   This probably isn't it but I have to ask.

Unusual for a Classic that has been in service for very long BUT it might be a bad microprocessor.
If that's the case then it would have to be fixed under warranty.

You've probably tried wiggling wires or giving it a little whack on the front or side to see if there is a
simple bad connection ?

boB

PS.  I don't think a tripped PV breaker would cause it to reboot.  Did you see it reboot ?
Did the MNGP screen reboot ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

WizBandit

If you think you can do this:
http://www.midnitesolar.com/video/videoPlay.php?video_ID=26&videoCat_ID=3

I can have you go to our Help Ticket System, open a ticket and I will see if I can get a Classic Control Board programmed with your serial# sent to you.

Quote from: 2twisty on July 23, 2017, 01:40:06 PM
My classic 150 has started rebooting several times per day...out of nowhere.

What do I need to check?  Any idea what would make it reboot all the time?  I've got it set to reboot at midnight, but it's the middle of the day and it's already the 3rd time today it's rebooted.

Westbranch

Twisty, I did it and if you follow the video , it is a piece of cake.... from a rank novice at electronics... ;)
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come