Midnite classic 150 with Midnite app question.

Started by Stansbery, July 26, 2017, 11:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stansbery

Hello everyone first post. And I have a question. I bought a brand new classic 150  and just got the Midnite app downloaded. I am doing some testing on the controller with a couple small 85 watt 12v panels and a deep cycle battery.
Well when I get it connected It shows that my controller has made power and shows logs on the calendar  last 25 or so days. It was sealed in the box so, is this just testing logs? It shows that I have made 11 kwh. And this has only been installed one day.
Also is there a good way to decypher the graphs on the Midnite2 software? It is some what confusing.
Thanks Gene

ClassicCrazy

Are you talking about the Local Status App or the online MyMidnite  graphing site ?

On MyMidnite there is an arrow on box with your system - you click on that and it slides out and lets you select which fields you want the graph to show . Select Show legend and Full scale too for better resolution.

There is a way to reset the data in the Classic to zero - on  MNGP menu to  Logs  press enter and scroll to whatever you want to clear.

Also if you have Android get Grahams Classic Android App on Google Play - great monitoring graphs and info .

Highly recommended to update to newest firmware version - follow directions on download page for your operating system.  Might as well put in the new Beta Voice firmware files - look on forums under Classic Beta and follow instructions .

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Stansbery

The online Mymidnite2 graphing site. I also have Grahams classic app and it shows that the classic has produced 11kws. Just wondering if the classic was tested at the factory. The mymidnite2 Online graphing page is kinda hard to understand. I guess I need to know the important graphs to check mark and the ones that I really don't need to monitor.  Is there a way that Grahams app can used outside of the local area network?
Thanks for all the help!!!!

Westbranch

It is my understanding that they 'burn then in' but I don't think it is that, 25 days, long,
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

ClassicCrazy

I check Power , SOC, Net AH, Battery Volts , WhizBang Jr amps

That way when you go back and drag the mouse along the graph and look at the values in the left you will see the values change during the day . For me since I have ending amps set - I watch the SOC count up towards 100% as the Whizbang amps comes down near the ending amps point .  So I drag line across and watch the battery volts - it rises up in Bulk to Absorb voltage - changes to Absorb then the Whizbang amps decreases holding the battery voltage at Absorb - when the Whizbang amps drops to my ending amps setting it changes from Absorb to Float - and that should be around 100%  SOC if everything is set properly  - depends on what kind of batteries you have -you may need to tweak things like battery efficiency and ending amps setting to make it all work best for your particular system . But once set up is a good guide to what is going on .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable