Classic 200 fans always running

Started by dapago, October 21, 2017, 03:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN-VT

Sorry to bother you but how can it be “flat on the back side of the CC & finned on the back side(of the CC)”. Did you  mean  flat on the back side of the cc & finned on the support (walls, wood panel or wherever your cc is mounted on)?
What kind of fan do you use? How do you power it?

You Are correct ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I power the fan with a 48Vdc to 12Vdc unit for golf carts & use that 12Vdc to power the relays & fans . The fan is controlled by a temp sensor that controls the speed of the one fan of four wire that the controller likes.
As for the pictures , Im installing it now after I had built all of this last year , Sink is in But the fans & piping are to be added after all the electrical . I can't have any damage .
I posted picks on new installs

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Robin

Higher input voltages will result is slightly more losses in the power stage. That coupled with the fact that the Classic is very small relative to its output power result in fans running more often than we like. There is no problem replacing fans if they fail. Tech support is very generous with that kind of request.
Wait until you see the heatsinks we are designing into the next controllers and inverters. They are monsters. When we originally designed the Classic case, it was to be a 45 amp device. The thermal tricks we incorporated worked so well, it became what it is today. You will notice the custom blue terminal block. That replaced the original design that was for only 65 amps. A 65 amp terminal block is the largest standard terminal block that will fit into the Classic. We already had 1000 castings when we discovered that the Classic was far more powerful than what a 65 amp terminal block would allow. We won't get fooled on the next stuff.
The good thing is that the Classic is designed to operate just fine in high ambient conditions. The fans are just annoying.
The next units will also have fans, but you probably won't be able to hear them. They also won't turn on nearly as much.
Robin Gudgel