Author Topic: Classic Monitoring with a raspberry pi  (Read 4632 times)

ClassicCrazy

Re: Classic Monitoring with a raspberry pi
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2019, 09:25:00 PM »
I asked Midnite if they would want to make a Node Red heading for forums here.
Will be interesting to see your project.
I get what you mean about being busy in the summer now !

Larry
system one
Classic 150 , 5s4p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system two
Classic 150 ,5s 135 watt Kyocero , 16s Calb 100AH LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system three
Midnite KID MPPT 24 DC in to  12 volt AGM batterie

ClassicCrazy

Re: Classic Monitoring with a raspberry pi
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2019, 09:55:20 AM »
This is a Raspberry Pi Forum so Node-Red falls under that IMO.   BUT that being said, Node-Red IS cross Platform and works on Windows too but I don't know about everything else, I do believe that InfluxDB is also Multi Platform but Grafana ?

I will likely start my own thread series as I like to document a things as I go along.   I'm doing "upgrades" again this evening as I got a new Big Case, Fan (don't like CPU @ 61C) and an RTC clock so it keeps time for itself.

Because of my setup here... having a separate PowerHouse 60 feet from Cabin and having my solar rack even farther away I have to organise a few things up...  I want to be able to run this 7/24 BUT I do not want to have the satellite (I'm remote Sat is my internet etc) which is a power pig, so it will likely be located in the powerhouse & attached to my battery bank through the 12V circuit I have running off it...  I'll just have to find an "adapter" that will step that down to 5V-3A and another for the Router which I think is 4.5V

So far I have my flow talking to the Classic but that needs serious lovin to clean it up and once I have that the way I want, then I'll dashboard it with Node-red.  I really don't see too many issues with the Classic itself and sure am hoping the folks @ MidNite are considering all of this with their new Inverter/Chargers (B17 ?) too. 

My biggest issue at this time, is with Samlex Inc !  Their Inverter has Modbus but they've never released the information on it and are not forthcoming with that.  They are discussing it at Corporate now because I presented a case scenario which would increase their profile in the RE Sector.  Ironically, they have RJ45 connectors but I do not believe they are Ethernet but rather some form of Serial so I'll have to get an engineering type to look at that... maybe I'll have to use an RS485 port or something... ugh....

New Node Red header was added on forums here
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?board=73.0

Larry
system one
Classic 150 , 5s4p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system two
Classic 150 ,5s 135 watt Kyocero , 16s Calb 100AH LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system three
Midnite KID MPPT 24 DC in to  12 volt AGM batterie