Previous topic - Next topic

neco50

15 260W panels
1 Midnite Classic 150
1 SW4048 Inverter
16 225AH Powerking 6v Batteries

CDN-VT

Nice & Clean !
Go into your account & add your specs of the equipment in your Sig line .
Like mine below the post .
That way We all know the setup of build

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Matrix

Looks Great.  Do you have the SW 4048 connect to AC Line power as well? Have you tried AC support mode yet? I have the SW 4024 and I am trying to use AC support mode - which the manual says only supplies AC  Support from the line or Gen once the battery voltage falls below the user preset voltage.  Example: If user voltage is set to 24.5v, AC Line kicks in when battery falls below that voltage.  Would be perfect instead of Low Battery Cut off of the Inverter if there are cloudy days etc.

BUT ... mine does not work.  Above the user threshold,  and I am getting about 65% supplied from AC Line and 35% supplied from battery.  Have been on the phone and email with Schneider since my install 2 weeks ago ... no resolution yet.  They are not sure if the unit is bad or what.  But it's not working.  Very Disappointed.
Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

neco50

Quote from: Matrix on October 30, 2017, 09:27:17 AM
Looks Great.  Do you have the SW 4048 connect to AC Line power as well? Have you tried AC support mode yet? I have the SW 4024 and I am trying to use AC support mode - which the manual says only supplies AC  Support from the line or Gen once the battery voltage falls below the user preset voltage.  Example: If user voltage is set to 24.5v, AC Line kicks in when battery falls below that voltage.  Would be perfect instead of Low Battery Cut off of the Inverter if there are cloudy days etc.

BUT ... mine does not work.  Above the user threshold,  and I am getting about 65% supplied from AC Line and 35% supplied from battery.  Have been on the phone and email with Schneider since my install 2 weeks ago ... no resolution yet.  They are not sure if the unit is bad or what.  But it's not working.  Very Disappointed.

Yes it switches over at about 48V to utility power, check this video out to see how i got mine to work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEiqbRC6xqw&t=15s   If you have any questions please feel free to give me a link or shoot me a email neco50@yahoo.com

Matrix

Awesome Video.  So you are NOT using AC Support Mode from within the SW ... you have basically created your own AC Shore Power Back up using the Contactor.  (Is that contactor similar to how a solid state relay would work??).

Why did you decide to use the contactor Instead of AC Support Mode?

The shame of it is ... that IS HOW the SW AC support mode is suppose to work ... but in reality (as i am being told by Schneider / Conext support) ... it does not do a very good job of it.  The SW in AC support mode will NEVER let Shore Power just "sit there" until you you need it ... say at 70% SOC in the case of your video,  or at a user set voltage point (like 24vdc) ... Which is what it is suppose to do. 

Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install