News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Homeles Shelter

Started by Robin, November 01, 2017, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN-VT

Yes the roof was duroid 3 years old .
I rolled out the roof last year & got ready for the install .
Removed the old & stored it as in bundles as bought , lost 2% . roof ridge saved .

New roof installed this fall . All mounting is MADE here due to the bought SS brackets KILL the roof  ..
I'll post up the pix of the system & the hardware drilled & screwed into the trusses , SO each seam is on top of  a ridge of a truss .

I get winds of 100-140 kms , I have built all my mounting's .. Many for metal roofs cause leaks & damage the roof .

Just did a huge barn that had very steep . man-Lift was the way .

Now the panel is on a hook lift system till up & then transfers to a bolt down & hooked in .
All fittings are SS316 Nyloc & SDG is used on all connections

Im hopping the pix shot will house a auto washer system  ..

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

WizBandit

Just curious, what did you have to give for the lift?

Quote from: CDN-VT on December 15, 2017, 01:36:42 AM
Quote from: Westbranch on December 14, 2017, 10:52:41 PM

We've all been good this well at least I have this year...

Not so sure about Nigel... he's having too much fun with his manlift...

My Wife endorsed me on the purchase for the reason if I fall & damage me , Were both done for .
I use this also to go up 65' and as I go up I remove the limbs for the chipper or , if there larger than 3" branches , there cut @18" for the wood stove & then I can tie a 2" double braided line to the mast & use the tractor or excavator to make sure the 250'-300' tree go's the correct way , then onto the mill for toothpicks and larger .

VT

CDN-VT

Give the Wife ?
We don't work our partnership like that . She can do / or buy whatever if it will work for her or us .
Buy useless stuff she will not Do !, but When I saw a honda rear rototiller FR800 in the craiglist  last year fall  ,,I showed it to her & she says we'll buy it for our Xmas gifts / or something .

Now the MD530  (new machine now MD-600N ) was a push .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.

WizBandit

:o No, what did you have to pay for it, I just bought the same lift with 105 hrs on it, 2014 like new.
$17k

Quote from: CDN-VT on December 16, 2017, 09:14:42 PM
Give the Wife ?

CDN-VT

Duh !!

I'm a idiot somedayz .
I had a good look at your posed PIX
Mine has surge brakes & to push it on with a tractor , the hitch needs to be put into working mode .

VT

onanparts

Stopped by Midnite yesterday to see what was going on. Discovered boB and Robin have been so busy with all the new projects, Inverters included, that they both have not been to the barber shop in some time! Actually boB does have a new "Hair Stylist" :)

They were taking a very rare break to see who was the faster picker on their Dad's guitar. Looks like Robin wins! Fast hands for sure! :)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

harryn

Quote from: Robin on December 14, 2017, 07:52:49 PM
UL doesn't like forcing end customers to use large ring terminals. Customers typically don't have 10,000PSI crimping machines!
We will accommodate very large cables though.
The Rosie inverter has 8mm studs. That is about the same as 5/16". I like to use metric on user hardware because when it gets lost, you can get replacements anywhere in the world.
The Big Kid will accept at least 2AWG wires.

Thank you.  8mm is the standard size we use when possible and while UL might not be as excited about ring terminals, the marine industry loves them.  Much appreciated.

unyalli

Quote from: Robin on December 14, 2017, 07:52:49 PM
The Big Kid will accept at least 2AWG wires.

Big Kid?? What's a Big Kid?

- Jeff

Robin

The Big Kid name has changed to the Barcelona. There is a story behind that name.
The Barcelona is a stand alone charge controller. It is very powerful and very high voltage. Let's wait to see just how much power Mario can get out of it.
Robin Gudgel

Highflyer

Robin,

Is there any chance we could see a preview pic of the Barcelona?

Any timelines yet for any of the new stuff?  Will Rosie, and Barcelona have an E-panel setup?

Man I can't wait for all this goodness to be loosed!

Thanks
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Robin

I will ask Rob Ruth to post some pictures.
Robin Gudgel

Ron Swanson

Quote from: Robin on March 10, 2018, 01:42:26 AM
The Big Kid name has changed to the Barcelona. There is a story behind that name.
The Barcelona is a stand alone charge controller. It is very powerful and very high voltage. Let's wait to see just how much power Mario can get out of it.

Funny, just yesterday I was thinking we really need a 600V or even 1000V string charge controller from you guys.

Is that what the Barcelona will be?

Robin

The Barcelona is indeed a 600V charge controller. We will see just how much output current it will be rated at? We expect 100 amps plus.
The picture is of a Rosie and Barcelona on a dual door E-Panel. The four meters are just cuz. They can all be doing something different and will be connected via Canbus. I would appreciate any ideas on what you all would like these meters to be telling you. We haven't really thought about it much. It can always be voltage and current related stuff, but we could also throw in a fuel gauge for one of them?
Let us know what you would like to see.
Robin Gudgel

Robin

Oops, the last picture actually showed a Rosie and a Little Rosie on the E-Panel. The Little Rosie is expected to be about 2000 watts of inverter/charger. Attached here is a picture of the Barcelona. The only difference physically is the end piece where the battery connects or conduit in the case of the Barcelona. All the parts of the enclosure are die cast aluminum and extruded aluminum heatsink. These things will be very rugged!
Robin Gudgel

Westbranch

Hi Robin, I was thinking along the line of  Watts  Out (demand) or % of Capacity and Volts/Frequency for the Little Sister, Analog Dials of course!

Stackable or built in for NA 240V motors (water/well pumps)?

Looking good.
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come