News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Homeles Shelter

Started by Robin, November 01, 2017, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin

The Barcelona should be capable of 7000 watts if it goes as planned. There are plenty of hurdles to overcome, but Mario is working on it as we speak. The transistors required to make this work are not even available yet. We will be testing at reduced capacity.
The Little Rosie will be 120/240VAC. It should be able to operate at 50 or 60Hz. The new larger display (MNGP2) has built in blue tooth. All new products will connect to the internet via our upcoming comm box.
Robin Gudgel

Highflyer

I would like to see SOC, percent of capability.  amps (in/out), volts.

Thanks for the pics!  Can't wait to hear about the Beta program!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Ron Swanson

We really want the conduit holes/wire area to be much bigger.  The ones on Classics are way too cramped.

I'm sure they will be bigger but we'd like to see them bigger proportionally as well.

mike90045

That 100A controller really needs to take #2 or larger wire, the type of "griper" or "saddle" terminal, not a setscrew that mashes the snot out of the wires.
my opinion
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Ron Swanson

Quote from: mike90045 on March 11, 2018, 03:25:40 AM
That 100A controller really needs to take #2 or larger wire, the type of "griper" or "saddle" terminal, not a setscrew that mashes the snot out of the wires.
my opinion

I'm not sure I agree with that statement, I like simple, stupid terminals.

unyalli

Quote from: mike90045 on March 11, 2018, 03:25:40 AM
my opinion

X2

- Jeff

Westbranch

Robin, re blue tooth, can there be the ability to have a smart  and/or  a dumb remote to monitor from the kitchen or ?

X 3 for bigger  100A  cable connectors.....  BOLT-Up type on an outer surface, like Telcom batteries use?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Robin

Well, let's try this again. The last time the files were too large and this thing dropped everything. Grrrrr.
OK, the MNGP2 is part of the new Canbus system. You can have as many devices on the system as you like up to some ridiculous number.
I like one of the meters being a fuel gauge. No buttons to push. Of course you can always go to the MNGP2 and push buttons to get a higher resolution picture of the SOC. I would think the MNGP2 would also tell you the SOC if going to that screen? Then again you can program the MNGP2 to tell you at regular intervals all the battery voltage and SOC information. Once a minute if you want. The MNGP2 also has a feature you will like. We call it the radio button. Go to the screen you want to frequent, then push the radio button. That just programmed the button to always take you to that spot with just one button push. There is only one radio button on each MNGP2, so choose wisely. It is easy to change what it does just like a real radio too.
Did you all know we have been shipping voice for a couple of months now? We put it in the Rick mode (off) as the default, so it is possible nobody knows about this feature yet. Spanish is coming very soon, then French.
Conduit and wire size. Take a look at the pictures attached. You can see that there are two 1" conduit openings that go straight into the terminal block. No bending. The third is for aux, voltage sense, bat temp sense, Canbus etc.
The green terminal block shown is only good for 115 amps. That is as high as UL would approve it for. All the spec sheets lead one to believe it is 125 amps. Well, that is only for CE. Rats! We may be more powerful than 115 amps. The third picture is of the relay board in the B17. You will see a couple of PCB mount terminals that accept 2/0 wire. We will have to deal with the 600V problem and spacings required for that, but if we go over 115 amps, we will have little choice. This PCB terminal block has a set screw to mess up all your handywork, but the 115 amp block have an elevator clamp that doesn't mess things up. Personally I am hoping for messing up the wire strands.
Robin Gudgel

CDN-VT

Robin
ALWAYS post your thoughts & type , once that is done then edit to add  pix.
I have been Grrrrrrrrrrrrr also , and then to make sure because my fingers do NOT keep up to my thoughts ""I should "" copy my type in case on enter  / post / submit , its lost & hrs of time wasting .

VT \Nig`
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

onanparts

Homeless shelter now has High End Classic Audio Gear! The one on the left sports a "wire recorder" yee haw!

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I