News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

MNSSURPLUS

Started by Trukinbear, October 06, 2020, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trukinbear

Hi, is MNSSURPLUS on eBay affiliated with MidNite Solar Inc?
SMA Solar Sunny Island SI6048
JA Solar 330W 72 cell panels (18)
Classic 250 (2)
MODBUS/Canbus comm adaptor for Sunny Island
SMA-OG E-panel
WhizBang Jr
MNSPD300V (3)
Atkinson GSCM mini-i
Onan Quiet Diesel QD-8000
Monterey 986Ah 'Big Sur' 24-125-11 48V battery
Off the grid on the PNW coast

Trukinbear

Yeah, they don't answer emails (from me) about their products either... and they claim to be in Arlington, Washington, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they are since the questions they don't answer are the same ones MidNite Solar won't answer (from me). You know, this isn't overly fair - I've spent a year's worth of my income on MidNite Solar products, and I want to purchase more. I'm sorry if I melted down when told on Friday at close of business that my 9 month old Classic was 9 years old and that I was pretty well screwed - yes I melted down over the weekend and shot my mouth off, I also DELETED the entire thing and applogized. This is no way to run a business... what do I tell the constant parade of neighbors who want my advise on what to buy? That I bought MidNite Solar stuff, and I like it but feel they are rather petty in the way they deal with understandably upset customers. I've even got an open service ticket with not even an email back... really, you guys don't want my business, or any of the business I've been steering your way? If you look on other forums you'd see I sing MidNite's praise big-time... or I did.
Classic 250 (2)
SMA-OG E-panel
WhizBang Jr
MNSPD300V (3)
Atkinson GSCM mini-i

FNG

Trukinbear,
Can you tell me what questions Midnite is refusing to answer? Better yet please call me 360-403-7207 XT151 and we can get them answered asap.

One issue I see in general (Not with Trukinbear) is that people assume this forum is an avenue for support. The forum is intended for general discussion and for enthusiasts to share knowledge etc. We do not have a full-time employee at Midnite whose job it is to read the forum and answer questions.

Generally speaking, if you need help this is the order I would try the options in:
1- Call 360-403-7207 and ask for tech support
2- Email support@midnitesolar.com
3- Submit a trouble ticket from out home page

Ryan

Trukinbear

Thanks Ryan, they've yet to replace my deaf phone that was lost when my home burnt down - I'm not good on the phone. :-(

I have an open trouble ticket for an issue not related to my questions below, nobody contacted me back.

Questions:
MNSOB3R-4P states that the switch is rated up to 100A but the wiring and busses limit this unit to 20A per set - what parts do I need to purchase to upgrade this unit to handle 50A vs 20A?

Though some here have indicated it won't work with my system with twin Classic 250's and says something about breaking the circuits to a 'transformerless' inverter - in one of your videos they do seem to be using this MNSOB to disconnect the PV array(s) attached to Classics. This will work with my system, right?

MNSURPLUS on eBay appears to be you guys - these are your show models and demos right, and not stuff your neighbor is digging out of your dumpster and pretending to be you on eBay? Is it you guys?
Classic 250 (2)
SMA-OG E-panel
WhizBang Jr
MNSPD300V (3)
Atkinson GSCM mini-i

FNG

Quote from: Trukinbear on October 07, 2020, 02:00:36 PM
Thanks Ryan, they've yet to replace my deaf phone that was lost when my home burnt down - I'm not good on the phone. :-(
You can always email me ryan@midnitesolar.com

I have an open trouble ticket for an issue not related to my questions below, nobody contacted me back.
Please email me the ticket number so I can look into why no one has answered.

Questions:
MNSOB3R-4P states that the switch is rated up to 100A but the wiring and busses limit this unit to 20A per set - what parts do I need to purchase to upgrade this unit to handle 50A vs 20A?
Correct the switch is capable, The standard SOB is wired for 20 amps so to convert it you need heavier wire and larger terminal blocks (Or wire direct to the switch)

Though some here have indicated it won't work with my system with twin Classic 250's and says something about breaking the circuits to a 'transformerless' inverter - in one of your videos they do seem to be using this MNSOB to disconnect the PV array(s) attached to Classics. This will work with my system, right?
Yes this will work just fine. a 2 pole would actually work as you dont need to break the negative

MNSURPLUS on eBay appears to be you guys - these are your show models and demos right, and not stuff your neighbor is digging out of your dumpster and pretending to be you on eBay? Is it you guys?
Yes MNSSURPLUS is a subset of Midnite, It was intended to be an outlet for things we can not sell, IE show material, Robins cars, Forklifts etc

Trukinbear

Thank you very much Ryan.
Classic 250 (2)
SMA-OG E-panel
WhizBang Jr
MNSPD300V (3)
Atkinson GSCM mini-i

Trukinbear

Actually, it appears that all I have is the 'no reply' email from you guys on 9/25 that the trouble ticket request was recieved.
Classic 250 (2)
SMA-OG E-panel
WhizBang Jr
MNSPD300V (3)
Atkinson GSCM mini-i

FNG

Let me look into it, Can you shoot me an email with the subject matter?

FNG

I found this ticket it looks like there was an error in the new ticket system and Kyle should be answering it now

KyleM

Trukinbear,

Please check to see if you have received an answer to your ticket from me.
I will also post what I think might be the issue here just to make sure you are covered.

Please make sure that the SPD in questions is an AC version. Your application requires that you have an AC version to see the LEDs lights when your generator is running.

This does not mean you are not protected it just means that the LED lights wont work when the gen is on. 

I hope this helps clarify what is going on.
-Kyle

Trukinbear

Thank you very much, that is the answer I needed. Thank you for your help.
Classic 250 (2)
SMA-OG E-panel
WhizBang Jr
MNSPD300V (3)
Atkinson GSCM mini-i