News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Sporadic WbJr ? problem

Started by estragon, November 06, 2017, 05:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

estragon

Been going on for a quite a while, but one of those things I haven't gotten around to until now.

In LocalApp, the problem classic shows a no connection type error at irregular intervals ranging from a couple of seconds to a few minutes.  The other 48v classic with no WbJr is fine in LA, and the 12v classic with a WbJr is also fine.  It doesn't seem to affect charging or termination of absorb with end-amps as near as I can tell, just a bit of a nuisance, especially if trying to download logs.

I was thinking it was an issue with ethernet cables, but swapping around made no difference.  After installing and using Graham's android app though, I've noticed that it doesn't drop the connection to the problem classic, but it periodically doesn't show WbJr data, which is making me wonder if the WbJr is the problem with the LA dropping the connection?

On a related note, I may end up swapping the WbJr to the other 48v classic, or maybe with the WbJr on the 12v classic.  When I installed them in the first place, I managed to lose some of the tiny bolts on Aux terminals.  Does anyone know the size of those bolts?  Chemo induced neuropathy in my fingertips means handling small things can be a problem, so I'm pretty sure I'll need spares.
Off-grid. 
Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter

boB

Quote from: estragon on November 06, 2017, 05:37:38 PM

On a related note, I may end up swapping the WbJr to the other 48v classic, or maybe with the WbJr on the 12v classic.  When I installed them in the first place, I managed to lose some of the tiny bolts on Aux terminals.  Does anyone know the size of those bolts?  Chemo induced neuropathy in my fingertips means handling small things can be a problem, so I'm pretty sure I'll need spares.

I was going to say to try the WB Jr. on another Classic.

Also, I understand the neuropathy issue !  My wife had that problem as well but in her toes.  Drove her nuts !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

estragon

My feet were also affected - numbness and tingling up to about mid-calf.  It's a bit like walking around in socks filled with sharp sand or pebbles.  Have to be careful, as sometimes it really is a sharp pebble that can chew up my foot quite a bit before the pain feels different enough.  Chemo was 5yrs ago, so I'm kind of used to it now.  Little things still bug me though, like not being able to feel the little bumps on keyboards that tell you your hands are on the right keys for touch typing, or losing little bolts.
Off-grid. 
Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter