News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Classic's voltage setting.

Started by Nitrous4us, November 05, 2017, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrous4us

Ok so probably a dumb question. My classic is setup for 12v. I just installed my 48v bank. Can I just hook up my classic to the 48v THEN change the voltage in the classic to represent the new voltage?
24x165w EverBright solar panels. Midnite solar classic 16 x 280AH lifepo4 Magnasine ms4448pae inverter. All wired for 48v

ClassicCrazy

I would think you should be able to change your voltage charging setpoints.  That would be easy enough.

But if you want to start from scratch just do a VMM ( hold left and right arrows while powering up) and it will automatically detect your system voltage. Of course you would need to redo all your other settings you may have  if you did that because it would be back to factory defaults.

Always a good idea to make a backup of your settings using Local Status App because you can easily restore them if you ever need to.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

dbcollen

Yes, the classic will boot up on the 48v bank with no damage, it just won't charge until you reset the program to reflect the 48v bank