Monitor Program does not connect

Started by keesh, November 22, 2023, 04:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keesh

We have set up remote monitoring of a classic 250
Works for a while then when I go into the program, it still connects to other classic 250s but this one classic 250 it says something like can not connect.  I go to the site (it still works as needed still charging etc,) and turn off the classic and restart it and the monitoring program works for a while sometime a few weeks then same all over.
We also have a Tycon web monitor at the site which has some unused relay switches. 
Is there a reset switch on the classic so I can remotely reboot it?

Thanks in advance.
Kees

ClassicCrazy

Which monitoring program are you talking about ?
If using the Local Status app do you have the IP address set for Static or DHCP ?
There is a setting in the MNGP that you can have the Classic auto reset at midnight. I used to use that but haven't had to in many years.
Look in Tweaks - I think it is called A-RST .
Do you have the latest firmwares in your Classics ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

keesh

Midnite solar status panel.
Yes set for static.
I will look up the auto reset.  That should do the trick.
Not sure on firmware, is this a known issue in older firmware?

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: keesh on November 22, 2023, 04:54:36 PMMidnite solar status panel.
Yes set for static.
I will look up the auto reset.  That should do the trick.
Not sure on firmware, is this a known issue in older firmware?
I can't remember all the details but used to have it auto reset, then later on after some firmware update , didn't need the auto reset any more.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

keesh

OK I thought that auto reset would solve the issue.  It did, however the Classic does not keep time....  Right now it showed 01-06-3197 0 hours and some minutes.  Which means of course that the totals for the day were reset while the classic did a reset at around 11 am.
I tried to sync with the PC but it lost that sync in less than a minute.  Back to 01-06-3197....
Can this be resolved without updating the firmware.  Have been reading some scary things about people updating the firmware. 

boB

I thought we finally fixed (or 99+% fixed) network issues ?     ???

What firmware revision and/or  date shows up in the MNGP ?

However, turning on the ARST or whatever we can't hurt. Updating FW and setting auto-reset would be the belt and suspenders approach.    Yeah, next time you see the Classic, check the version.

OR you could just let the MNGP keep time for the Classic ?   The Classic itself just runs at the time  either the MNGP tells it or the Ethernet tells it (local app).

Might want to put a new coin cell battery in the MNGP if it's old at all.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

keesh

Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1923
- Network Rev: 1839
Its an older unit I will check the battery next time I am there