Installing an MNGP on an existing 2 Classic Lite system... 1st no problem... but

Started by Photowhit, December 10, 2017, 06:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photowhit

Thanks boB,

I am 'seeing' things and when I got back this afternoon, I did have a visual of the 'master' and didn't have to fiddle with it. I didn't change the address to check on the other, it was after dusk.

I actually didn't reconnect the 'lite' panel. I figured it would just be ignored, but having witnessed that the Classic worked on the parameters given, I didn't think it was necessary.

I'll go back and check to be sure the settings are the same, I believe I can change them from the single panel but haven't tried that yet. I think I was suppose to set them up with the same parameters before I put them in Follow me mode. I'm guessing I missed something, or perhaps the added 72 cell panels created the in balanced load distribution. I hope this is fine to change after they are in Followme?

I was happy to see earlier when I restarted the Classics and they quickly dropped into absorb (they had been through a cycle today already) That they were sharing the load pretty evenly at around 900-1000watts each.

I think it's working fine. I've given up on running the water heater off a stand alone system and will just use wastenot and add an additional 2000 watt array and finally setup the 3rd Classic on the system and squeeze in the Whibang Jr, into the smallest of the E-Panels. It's going to be pretty squeaky.

I'm sure to check in for more help and guidance as I muddle through. As always thanks for helping out!
Home system 20 - 200watt Evergreen, E-Panel, 2-Classic Lite 150s up and running and 14 Suntech 185watt panels, and another Classic Lite in a dark room. Cabin system 8-115watt 12V, 6 - 170-5watt 24v, Pulse/Trace PC250 Power Center, 800AH 24V forklift Batt, ProSine 1800 watt (24v) inverter.

Photowhit

Guess I didn't actually address your question "Are you getting ANY responses at all or just the "Got Comm ?"  status when you change
to the other Classic's address ?"

It displays 10 which I'm assuming is the address it wants to display, which is the master and the MNGP is plugged into that unit.(oddly I seem to think master was suppose to have the temp sensor plugged in, but I also recall reading it could be plugged into any of them?)

Once I change to 12 it displays 12 fine with a short delay, and then it will display 10 correctly for a little, then switch back to the 'Got Comm' I think I got back there with the status button, but might have used the arrow, I don't recall navigating back to it by pressing the left arrow and down button (...but my mind becomes more feeble every day...lol)
Home system 20 - 200watt Evergreen, E-Panel, 2-Classic Lite 150s up and running and 14 Suntech 185watt panels, and another Classic Lite in a dark room. Cabin system 8-115watt 12V, 6 - 170-5watt 24v, Pulse/Trace PC250 Power Center, 800AH 24V forklift Batt, ProSine 1800 watt (24v) inverter.

Photowhit

I only had brief interaction with the MNGP today, checked about 1 when I was heading out around 12:30. Display was showing the home (10) info, I switched to 12 and it popped up with only a brief pause. The Follow me appears to be working properly. They were sharing the load well, both had about 2Kwhs recorded. I had only run the water heater for an hour and a half. Without being outside to check, I had minimal overnight loads, and suspect the units went into absorb quickly and only dropped out when I popped on the water heater before the sun cleared the last tree about 10:30.  They were in the late stages of absorb with only about 3-400 watts each, both were adjusting for the cold temps.

Perhaps they are learning to cooperate!

Much happier camper today! Yahoo!

Now to add a third and the WhizBang Jr and get waste Not working...

boB

Yeah, the "10"  or "11" or whatever address will be there for a moment BUT should eventually fill in with
the 8 character name the individual Classic has in it.  If it doesn't come up with something other
than 10,11, 12 etc...  then it is not communicating.  Of course, you COULD actually NAME the individual
classic  10 or 11 etc.  Never done that.

OK, we'll keep watching this thread.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Photowhit

Well, shoot, I didn't know I could give them a name. I am certain I'm seeing 2 different. Perhaps the default is the address?

I'll read some more and give them names. I think the '10'/home defaults to "Array 1" It is possible I named them long ago if the hard reset didn't burn all that info.

Has anyone ever asked for a Classic "Aluminum Case Font" to mount a remote MNGP? I think that would be very 'fun' way to display it!

Westbranch

PW, yes you can just about call them anything... but it helps if it means something when you look at it.  It should show up right in the middle of the first screen after a system reboot, soft or hard. I first used their Serial # and then, main / backup, now it is CL #### and nothing for the Kid as I changed things around.  If you have 2 Classics and use the MyMidnite  it is essential to separate the data sent .
cheers
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come