News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

DOD vs SOC with Temp Comp

Started by robbertwilliams, March 09, 2018, 09:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbertwilliams

Quick question in regards to fundamental rules of discharge...

So, depth of discharge usually defined as a percentage in terms of discharge of total capacity.  Is this DOD "percentage" elastic in terms of temperature correction on capacity?

So, summer time battery temp is 25degC, or whatever temperature the battery manufacturer has used to state optimal capacity...a 200aH bank can be discharged 50% and have 100aH left. 

But given the same aH bank, but at 10degC, it may only have a capacity of 150aH...so, in regards to my question, does the 50% DOD still equal 100aH, or is it 75aH?

Also, anyone know of a formula for capacity with temp correction?
4 Hyundai His250mg, 8 Deka 8l16 for 740@24v, Schneider Elec. SW2524 + Combox, Midnite Classic 150 w/WBjr

DPW ToP Mount, MNPV3 Combiner with MC4 input, MNDC250 DC Box

Off Grid in Black Hills, South Dakota

dbcollen

Quote from: robbertwilliams on March 09, 2018, 09:24:02 AM
Quick question in regards to fundamental rules of discharge...

So, depth of discharge usually defined as a percentage in terms of discharge of total capacity.  Is this DOD "percentage" elastic in terms of temperature correction on capacity?

So, summer time battery temp is 25degC, or whatever temperature the battery manufacturer has used to state optimal capacity...a 200aH bank can be discharged 50% and have 100aH left. 

But given the same aH bank, but at 10degC, it may only have a capacity of 150aH...so, in regards to my question, does the 50% DOD still equal 100aH, or is it 75aH?

Also, anyone know of a formula for capacity with temp correction?

I use 1% per degree C above or below 25c.