News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Where's the swag?

Started by Kindavacant, January 22, 2018, 11:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindavacant

Really, I'm an installer and want to wear a Midnite shirt, not Magnum or Blue Sky gear, plus I run a Kid. Soo.. Swag please?

boB

Quote from: Kindavacant on January 22, 2018, 11:07:01 PM
Really, I'm an installer and want to wear a Midnite shirt, not Magnum or Blue Sky gear, plus I run a Kid. Soo.. Swag please?

:) :)
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Kindavacant

boB get a haircut or tell that other Bob to get one, slicked back and oily like John Travolta in 'Grease' (not sure how he lit a cigarette without his hair catching fire) and gimmie a t-shirt or I'll buy one.

Was bored today for a minute and 42 seconds and looking at the side of the classic 150 box with those 2 bony hipped chicks and the water and thought: want that on the back, and right over the left or right chest the Midnite logo. Can even tack on a 'tm' if necessary. Bring out the swag!

grgdgreek

Quote from: Kindavacant on January 26, 2018, 09:46:30 PM
boB get a haircut or tell that other Bob to get one, slicked back and oily like John Travolta in 'Grease' (not sure how he lit a cigarette without his hair catching fire) and gimmie a t-shirt or I'll buy one.

Was bored today for a minute and 42 seconds and looking at the side of the classic 150 box with those 2 bony hipped chicks and the water and thought: want that on the back, and right over the left or right chest the Midnite logo. Can even tack on a 'tm' if necessary. Bring out the swag!

+1
George
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

Kindavacant

So while installing a Kid today a person in for a battery check has a Classic SL and wanted to know off the cuff a battery monitoring system, he wanted originally a Blue Sky but we put in a Classic SL, I pop over hearing 'Midnite' and sell a Whizbang Jr to him over a Trimetric. The person I was installing the Kid for overheard the conversation and he bought a WhizBang Jr also. And the kicker: we don't have any Whizbangs available but those phone numbers are on waiting lists. Kicker #2 we only have 3 Whizbangs coming in, ordered 3 weeks ago, shipped out on the first and delivered today to someone else, I tracked down the address. I sold 3 Whizbangs, one 3 weeks ago and two today, one of which was mine.

Tell the owner: "Need to order more Whizbangs" Her: "Why?" Me: "Just sold two right now, mine is going to him" Point to that guy to the right.

I sold both wearing a Magnum Energy shirt so cummon..Bring out the swag!

Edit: found out we only sell the Classic SL last week not the actual Classic but we don't carry the BTS which the SL doesn't come with? Next hurdle. Swag swag swag! And I'm an installer in the shop, NOT a salesman so...SWAG SWAG SWAG!

ClassicCrazy

Don't sell the Classic SL - it is worth the extra $50 a regular Classic costs because you can use monitoring software  - and it probably comes with the Battery  temp sensor too ? Thought they did anyway .  There is no network capability on the Classic SL  look in forums for recent discussion on this.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Kindavacant

Yea, Classic 150 and Kid marine version comes with the BTS, SL and regular Kid not. (EDIT: Yea saw that post about SL not having networking, first time I read up on the SL was turned off, no local app, that was a month before I realized we only offer the SL.)

I work in a seasonal RV solar install shop. We work out an entire system, or part of a system for someone one day, then install everything when they come back in a single day, multiple installs per day. In this situation, I'd still stock the SL but add the Classic 150, 10 SLs to 1 Classic 150. Alot of people in this situation don't know what PWM and MPPT are and they'd have the SL installed but the rare few that are computer nerds like me would opt for the Classic 150 to gush out on the numbers, dig though the menus, understand the Aux ports, how the load out works on the Kid and so on are too rare to stock more then 1 unit. So there is a place for the SL in this market. Our main installer and I convinced the owners to carry MidNite alongside Blue Sky and TriStar twoish Seasons ago and with panels trending to 24v+ and RVers still using 12v banks..well. Too late in the season to have them stock a 150 or two now.

So got the Whizbangs in which leads back to us not stocking the BTS. I am the MidNite guy here and dreading the installs: "Temp comp charging? How does that work? BTS? The SL/Kid didn't come with one, you sell those too?" :'( I'll be wearing a Blue Sky shirt tomorrow during the installs because..well..I DON'T HAVE ANY MIDNITE SWAG! ;D

Highflyer

Once the inverters are ready.... Bring on the SWAG!

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS.    Then bring on the SWAG!
Brian

The one thing is the one thing