Two battery banks and how to isolate each from the other.

Started by russ_drinkwater, January 23, 2018, 10:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_drinkwater

Just commissioned son's second bank of L16H a/c trojans yesterday.
I would like to be able to isolate the two from each other as one is two years older than the other.
Using a single 3kw inverter what options do I have?
I run my rolls battery banks in unison as they are the same age.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

ClassicCrazy

You mean isolate them from each other from both charging and discharging ? Or isolate just the charging but let them discharge together ?
Isolating them would be to have different charge controllers on each  - they would be two separate battery packs. To split them up on the discharage - I guess same would apply - you would not tie them together for any loads unless you did something like put an inverter on each and the could sync the AC output somehow.

But somehow I don't think that is what you mean .  Not sure how you could keep them separate but also have them together .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

russ_drinkwater

Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters