Buyer Beware - Avoid the SL

Started by Just4Fun20, January 24, 2018, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyleM

Just4Fun20

Thank you ClassicCrazy.  That's very helpful (comparison against Trimetric). 

I guess I need to get my SL up on eBay.  :-)  I keep trying to find an easier way. 

Vic

Hi Just..,

You can also list items for sale in the "PRIVATE SALE" Topic area:
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?board=59.0

...   if that simplifies things for you.

Good Luck,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

The trimetric is okay but it is a bit cumbersome to set up with lots of button pushes . The Midnite is much easier with a graphic menu and settings .  The Midnite will compensate the SOC based on battery temperature  where the Trimetric does not - guess that only matters if your batteries will be cold like mine get  - then the Classic lowers the capacity . Also with the control features integrated in to the Classic then no comparison really. Plus I fried my Trimetric somehow bumping a wire or something -- not sure what the exact cause was but it became useless in a second.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Just4Fun20

Just to close things out... 

I sold my Classic 150-SL on eBay.  I bought the Classic 150 from Midnite Solar, as suggested.  Both are in the mail as we speak.  Midnite Solar has been great and it's been a pleasure working with you. 

I do still maintain that you need to update your documentation a bit.  "No Internet" and even the lack of the RJ-45 doesn't necessarily main the LOCAL software won't work.  It could as easily connect via a USB port.  It's the lack of the ability to run the local software that made me trade up, and honestly, it seems like excellent software. 

Again, I want to stress, Midnite Solar has been great.  All is good. 

boB

Quote from: Just4Fun20 on February 22, 2018, 02:27:04 PM
Just to close things out... 

I sold my Classic 150-SL on eBay.  I bought the Classic 150 from Midnite Solar, as suggested.  Both are in the mail as we speak.  Midnite Solar has been great and it's been a pleasure working with you. 

I do still maintain that you need to update your documentation a bit.  "No Internet" and even the lack of the RJ-45 doesn't necessarily main the LOCAL software won't work.  It could as easily connect via a USB port.  It's the lack of the ability to run the local software that made me trade up, and honestly, it seems like excellent software. 

Again, I want to stress, Midnite Solar has been great.  All is good.

Soooooper !    We'll get the documentation updated.

Thank you for your input and you're great attitude !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me