PowerTime the new video series by MidNite Solar

Started by Halfcrazy, November 29, 2011, 11:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Here at MidNite Solar we're creating an exciting new series of videos called PowerTime. PowerTime will provide information on new products and demonstrate installation procedures for all our existing products. PowerTime is filmed in house with our own working professionals to provide you with the full benefit of all their expertise.

Available videos:
• Installing our SPD (lightning arrestor)
• Video comparing our SPD to another top lightning arrestor
• Installation video for the Classic MPPT charge controller
• Arc fault test video
• Battery enclosure assembly video
• New line of PV Disconnecting Combiners

We are currently working on information and installation videos for each of our new PV Disconnecting Combiners (MNPV4HV Disco, MNPV6 Disco, MNPV6-250 Disco, MNPV6HV Disco 4X, MNPV8HV Disco, MNPV16HV Disco, MNPV24HV Disco and MNPV36HV Disco).

We look forward to providing you with the latest information through these videos. Check PowerTime often for more updates.

Robin
President – MidNite Solar Inc.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Rybren

I don't know whether I missed it, but I would love to see a detailed video of the epanels.  I realise that it would be difficult to show an install for all of the various types of inverters and controllers and whatnot, but an up-close look at the panel to include all of the bits and pieces and pre-wiring would be nice.

I already have a panel on the way, but I'm really not sure what I'll find when I open the box.

- Jerry
4 x 210W PV, Classic 150, e-panel, Samlex PST-1500-24, 232AH 24V

Watt

Quote from: Rybren on March 29, 2013, 08:21:22 AM
I don't know whether I missed it, but I would love to see a detailed video of the epanels.  I realise that it would be difficult to show an install for all of the various types of inverters and controllers and whatnot, but an up-close look at the panel to include all of the bits and pieces and pre-wiring would be nice.

I already have a panel on the way, but I'm really not sure what I'll find when I open the box.

- Jerry

You'll find a very nice piece of gear anyone can work with. 

TomW

Quote from: Watt on March 29, 2013, 08:17:51 PM

You'll find a very nice piece of gear anyone can work with.

Watt is absolutely correct. They are very straight forward to work with. Well marked connections, simple mounting and connection instructions.

Biggest issue I had was lifting and placing the door with the 70# FX2524 inverter mounted on it but at the time I was recovering from a rotator cuff injury that made lifting tough. It makes for a very compact, neat install in short order.

You will be glad you got one.

I know I was.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Rybren

Thanks guys.

QuoteYou'll find a very nice piece of gear anyone can work with.

You've obviously never met me  :P  so we'll see how true that staement is.   ;D

Watt

Well, it sounds as if we are both in the same boat.  I can't speak for Tom, cuz he really is good at all these things but, when you got THIS

to work with..... we really can't go wrong.  Not only this well labeled system and the manual which comes with all the panels but you have this great forum for support...

I'm not sure which panel you have on order but all of them are top notch. 

Best of luck.

Rybren

Thanks for the photo and words of encouragement.

Mine will end up being a somewhat modified install - I have a Samlex inverter, but got an Outback panel.  I had planned on just getting a MNDC, but found someone selling the Outback epanels for less than the MNDC.

The hack-job that I'll have to do will fit in nicely with my very rustic off-grid camp.

DMJ72

Hey, will we see John and the others in any new videos? its been a while. We have heard from Ryan on some SMA stuff though !
:)

Your customers really appreciate these videos!
(System 1) To be updated ...  @ Jamaica, West Indies.
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

JTElectric

thanks for posting the links ....they are really helpful in many ways