My MidNite Down?

Started by Matrix, March 01, 2018, 09:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Well back up for me. The question is for how log and how many error messages get generated.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

KyleM

shhhhh   do not look now but I think it might be back online.....

Matrix

Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

BioPower

Quote from: KyleM on March 12, 2018, 12:48:29 PM
shhhhh   do not look now but I think it might be back online.....

I must have looked, the fail continues.
9.5 KW Solar Panels, 2 Midnite Classic 150, 8 KW self-built 8 KW Inverter,  5KW AC coupled grid tie Inverter, Exide 775AH @C5 48V forklift battery

jimbo

Online monitoring has been extremely slow and might work every 3 or 4 tries for the last few months.  Recently my computer was running slow with 100% CPU usage, looked at the task manager and it was the Chrome page running Mymidnite.

Raj174

Mine too, and today the website is not responding.
3600 watt PV, MN 175 amp epanel, MNPV12 combiner, MN Classic 150, OB GS4048A, 195 AH LiFePO4

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

off-grid-geeks

I can connect to the site and view past data with no problem, but my classic has not logged any recent data to the site since 17:20 yesterday (5/24/18). I can remotely connect to my classic over the internet via 'Classic Monitor' on my android phone, so I know the internet connection my classic uses is fine.

-Alan

rfdude

I have a site with three charge controllers.... so when I visit mymidnite2 server, it is rare that all three will show up without the server choking along the way and dropping the request.  And now we are seeing lack (or loss?) of incoming data to their server... as a controller can show up on the screen and the process completes, but with flatline data.  That's pretty bad if data is actually being lost.  As previous posters similarly point out for their units, my controllers are reachable via IP directly using Classic 4 Plus software, so they are alive and well. 

Watching this performance trending worse over the last year, I've concluded it is choking on increased customer demand, while the server provisioning remains static.  Perhaps this feature is only a free hobby service for customers.  Everyone has been patient, but there hasn't been any uproar in this forum either.  It is what it is.  More cycles on a virtual commercial server costs more money, which might not translate directly into sales.  Evidently, this hasn't been a priority for Midnite. 

I'd ask Midnite to clearly state their intentions.  Then customers can accept it, or roll their own monitoring solutions, instead of anticipating (forever) that Midnite will improve their solution.   

off-grid-geeks

Well all the missing data I reported yesterday has now magically appeared...
So mymidnite must have been receiving and storing the data, just not displaying it.

Aravilla

No data showing from May 25th for me. I can remotely access the controller so internet is functional. Any ideas?

I stand corrected. It never showed, however, many reloads later and a bit of waiting and bam, it appeared. Something funny going on with the backend I guess.

KyleM

Quote from: Aravilla on May 27, 2018, 11:36:14 AM
No data showing from May 25th for me. I can remotely access the controller so internet is functional. Any ideas?

I stand corrected. It never showed, however, many reloads later and a bit of waiting and bam, it appeared. Something funny going on with the backend I guess.

Yes we are showing some latency across the server but it is catching up. There is a lot of data being updated, so it might take a few tries to get your info to come up.

-Kyle

Matrix

Yes,  if the page fails to load correctly or some data is missing,  I hit the refresh on my browser and "magically" all my data appears :D
Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

smanners

I reckon 80% of the time mymidnite returns screwed up data or just throws an Ajax error. It’s becoming fairly useless.

off-grid-geeks

Quote from: smanners on May 30, 2018, 10:37:32 PM
I reckon 80% of the time mymidnite returns screwed up data or just throws an Ajax error. It’s becoming fairly useless.

Agreed. I've been frustrated by that AJAX error for months now. But at least, with enough refreshes, I got my data.

Now this new missing data error has shown up, and it can take me 20 refreshes before I see my data. More likely than not, I get either the ajax error or missing data.

I realize that the online monitoring is a free feature, but even so, the ability to monitor my Classic on the Internet was one of the reasons I chose it.