Local Status App not working on Windows 7

Started by NoPowerBills, March 01, 2018, 10:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoPowerBills

Hi, I have installed Adobe Air Runtime and Status App, both sourced from:

https://mymidnite2.com/?q=node/7

Both install fine but when opening the App all that is displayed is blank window, with a scroll bar and "Midnite Solar Status Panel" as the window title.

Both were installed with Administrative rights and other Adobe Air Apps op just fine.

I have tried removing both applications and re-installing and the problem persists.

Any ideas anyone? We really need this working so that we can manage a particular unit remotely.

ClassicCrazy

I have no idea why it does not work on your computer but there is an android version of the Local Status app so why not give that a try ?

You can install an android emulator on windows computers and then you can run the android  Local Status app in that .  Emulator I use is Memu Play . http://www.memuplay.com/

I don't use the android version of Local Status app so can't comment on it - tried it once awhile back and it worked.

If you just want monitoring try Grahams android Classic Monitoring app available on Playstore and there is a post for it on the forums also.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Westbranch

you should see the small  screen upper left in you main screen... less than 1/4 coverage max...

To start you click on APPLICATION in the second line... takes you to a page to fill in data about your Classic, and to update the App and that Adobe cludge program

then  you go to the startup page and it identifies what connections are visible IIRC

It should say connecting until it times out or connects. 

hth

KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

NoPowerBills

Hi, the screen is empty - only the title bar is shown. There is no "Application" as shown on your screen shot. Simply nothing in the window at all.

Sadly we can't use the Android App as we remote desktop into a Windows 7 machine on the local network that is running the status App (or supposed to!)

Thanks for the thoughts though...

KyleM

What version of Adobe AIR are you using?

Kyle

NoPowerBills

The latest from the link at Midnite - also tried v24 and v28, and as mentioned other air apps work just fine.

Installed the app on Android - connects OK but the display is dreadful, to the point of not being useable. The buttons are way too small to click on.

Surely there must be a better way?

Westbranch

Have you deleted the App, run a anti virus scan, then defragged the hard drive, shut the PC down and cold booted it and then reinstalled the Local App as well as Adobe Air ?

IMHO it has to be your PC ....I have run the App on 4 different machines and OS from XP to W7 & W8 and ALL have been rock solid... hth
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,

Resthome

When you downloaded the Local App from MidNite what was the extension name on the file?

If it was ZIP like I see you need to change it to AIR. DO NOT try to UNZIP the downloaded file it has an incorrect extension. Since you say you have Adobe Air installed then just double click the downloaded file with the new extension of AIR and it should install. I think this happens if you don"t have AIR installed first. So probably not your issue.

Just downlaoded from the same location from your first post and installed on WIN 10 with Adobe AIR 28.0.0.127  and the Application bar is there. Make sure your Anti-Virus isnt quarantaning any pieces.

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

NoPowerBills

G'day - I agree about possibly being machine specific. Have done regular maintenance and cold booted of course. (This machine WAS running an older version no problems)

Have switched the firewall off, disabled AV, still the same. Anyone know where i can get an older version of the App to try?

As mentioned other air apps work fine, and yes, downloaded the zip fiel and extracted the .air app.

Westbranch

here are the folder files you should see in C:

ClassicCrazy

here are some old versions of local status app that I have in my download folder
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

mike90045

I've got about 7 or 8 old versions. 2012 - 2017  Some used the OLD  Adobe AIR , don't know how they work with the new Air.
Files are about 2Mb  in size, I could email you a couple to try

How is your network configured? Hardwired Classic to your computer ?  With a cross-over cable? 
WiFi with a router at the classic - log into the router, does it see the classic ?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

NoPowerBills

Thanks for the links - I'll try this later today.

Connectivity is not an issue. Unit is hardwired to a 24 port switch and from there to the Windows machine. I installed "Classic Staus 4 Plus" and that works fine - just a bit more clunky than the Local App. Still, if nothing else works out that will get us out of trouble.

Report back on the older app install later today. Thanks again.

Resthome

Quote from: NoPowerBills on March 02, 2018, 07:42:16 PM

As mentioned other air apps work fine, and yes, downloaded the zip fiel and extracted the .air app.

Assume you uninstalled the older version that you say was working.

But I am curious about the use of the word extracted when you say you downloaded the zip file. There is no AIR file if you unzipp the file that comes down as a zip file. So I will ask again when you downloaded and saved the file what extension was on the file?  If it was AIR all you have to do is double click it to correctly install the app. And you should see the installation run. Does the local app show up in the control panel list of programs?

You could download one of Larry's AIR file from above and try installing it.  But uninstall what you have first.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

NoPowerBills

.air - lists as a program. Opens a window.