Local Status App not working on Windows 7

Started by NoPowerBills, March 01, 2018, 10:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Quote from: NoPowerBills on March 03, 2018, 01:02:57 AM
.air - lists as a program. Opens a window.

Does the Local App also show in the Control panel list of programs?
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Resthome

Oh and don't run the Classic Status 4 Plus when you are trying to run the Local App. Only ONE network connection is available to the Classic. 

Still think you have a bad install if you are not seeing the Bar at the top of the window that says Application.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

NoPowerBills

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 02, 2018, 08:53:36 PM
here are some old versions of local status app that I have in my download folder

Thanks for that - same result. So it looks like the issue is the Win7 environment. For the life of me I can't figure out what it is - but whatever it iis, it is happening obly with the Local Staus App as other .air apps work fine. Thanks again for the downloads.

NoPowerBills

Quote from: Resthome on March 03, 2018, 01:17:17 AM
.....Still think you have a bad install if you are not seeing the Bar at the top of the window that says Application.

Yep, that's why I posted here. Uninstalling the app and re-installing with multiple versions doesn't fix it. Air - is fine as other apps run no worries.

So what environmentally would stop the Local Status App from loading properly?

FNG

This is likely something on your machine in general as the LA works with 7 no issue. What I would suggest is erasing ALL traces of it and doing a fresh install BUT right click on the install package and run as administrator.

You are also correct that if Karls program will connect to the classics that shows they are networked just fine so the issue is the actual program install. A fun note about the Classic program from Karl is it opens the connection, asks the questions and closes the connection so it can run in the background full time and when you want the local app just open it and it grabs the classic when his program closes the connection.

FNG

Westbranch

I would add that after you do the above removal,  do a disk defrag and then  a complete shut down of the computer and then a 'cold' start should help make sure the 'bad link' or whatever is there doing bad things.

other things : run a virus check before and after reboot?, Malware bytes, Glaryy Utilities, and CCCleaner or SuperAnti Spyware come to mind, all free
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Westbranch on April 04, 2018, 11:36:31 AM
I would add that after you do the above removal,  do a disk defrag and then  a complete shut down of the computer and then a 'cold' start should help make sure the 'bad link' or whatever is there doing bad things.

other things : run a virus check before and after reboot?, Malware bytes, Glaryy Utilities, and CCCleaner or SuperAnti Spyware come to mind, all free

Maybe a Registry clean using Ccleaner would help too .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable