Wattage controlled bypass switch?

Started by Tycer, March 25, 2018, 08:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycer

How would I make a wattage controlled bypass switch?
I would like my system to switch to utility when the panels aren’t producing xxx Watts.
I have 900w of panel, a Blue Sky 3024, a pre-China Xantrex 4024 and 600AHs of 2v AGM.
I have run the 120v loads of our home off this for the past decade but the 4024 isn’t really built for this and I think a wattage controlled bypass switch would work a treat. Neither LBX or other settings really do what I want which is to have a backup system, some augment to my utility bill, preserve my new battery banks as long as possible and charge them with the 4024 little. I do not sell back.

Thanks!
Tycer

ClassicCrazy

So you don't have any Midnite gear in  your system ?

I don't know about the capabilities of all that other equipment. 

If you had a Midnite Classic there are AUX contacts that have many different control capabilities that could be used to switch something else off or on via a relay or contactor.  Look up AUX contacts in the Classic Manual and also do a search on this forum for ideas ( you need to go to main page of forums when searching ) 

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Tycer

Hi Larry. Thanks for the info. No, no MidNite on this system. I posted here because the Gudgels know more about solar and my equipment than just about anyone alive. Thought that if any forum would have the technical knowledge, the MidNite forum would be the one.

Kind regards from the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains,
Tycer