How does the WBJ calculate the low end of SOC?

Started by 5 Minutes 2 Midnite, March 26, 2018, 12:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Minutes 2 Midnite

When I configure a WBJ on my Classic it reports a 100% SOC when the battery is fully charged. Great.

As the pack discharges, the WBJ reports a declining SOC %. Great.

The question is, what value is the WBJ using to calculate when 0% SOC is reached? Does 0% SOC mean 0AH remaining? Or does 0% SOC account for a 20% charge remaining in battery?
Qty 24 Sharp 153W poly panels, Midnite MNPV6 combiner, Midnite Classic 150 charge controller, Magnum MS-4448-PAE inverter with RC50 remote, Magnum MMP Mini panel,  QTY 2 Chinese made self-contained 200 AH wall mounted LFP power banks with built in BMS

boB

SOC% is calculated on A-Hours  remaining.  So, whatever you entered for the full AH capacity is 100%

If you would like to have a conservative (20%) amount of SOC left, just reduce the 100% capacity by
about 20%  I think  should do it.   Not a bad idea really since the absolute capacity will reduce somewhat
eventually anyway.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

5 Minutes 2 Midnite

Qty 24 Sharp 153W poly panels, Midnite MNPV6 combiner, Midnite Classic 150 charge controller, Magnum MS-4448-PAE inverter with RC50 remote, Magnum MMP Mini panel,  QTY 2 Chinese made self-contained 200 AH wall mounted LFP power banks with built in BMS