News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

4024pae circuit boards

Started by eastpoint turbine, April 06, 2018, 05:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eastpoint turbine

Hi to all ,not been on the forum in a while, all was well until now......... inverter got moisture in  and shut down , Local repairman  said 2 boards are corroded  and needs replacing.  Is it worth  getting those 2 boards, or should i ship the whole inverter  away for repairs  (   i'm in Barbados   WI  )    or should i purchase a new inverter    the inverter is 4 years old
    Jason

ClassicCrazy

You probably want to check directly with Magnum on that one .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Robin

Yes, ask Magnum. I do not know their policy regarding this. Corrosion is something that is not covered under warranty. Living where you do it may not be possible to have those boards last more than 4 years or so. There is salty air blowing over the boards. Even with conformal coating you will eventually succumb to corrosion in hot humid climates. I guess it all depends on what the boards cost? The fet board has to be replaced just right or it will overheat and fail. Talk to their tech service guys. Tony Boatwright is the one I know the best. He is great!
Robin Gudgel

Halfcrazy

The PAE has 4 circuit boards (FET board, Control board, AC relay board and an AC filter board) and a transformer, As Robin pointed out if moisture has become an issue on 2 of these boards I would be worried that the other 2 are compromised, What 2 boards are bad at this point?
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

eastpoint turbine

Thanks guys , will give them a call
Jason

eastpoint turbine

HI sorry guys   i thought midnite solar  made magnum inverters

boB

Quote from: eastpoint turbine on April 10, 2018, 08:45:52 PM
HI sorry guys   i thought midnite solar  made magnum inverters

No, but we knew them very well and worked with those guys for many decades !  We all
go back to the same "seeds" in the 1970s in the audio world so it is/was kind the same family.

Sort of competitive siblings

:)

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

eastpoint turbine

THanks  boB  maybe you can help with my problem, bear with me as i outline my problem  as i'm having great difficulty in getting through to  MAGNUM
   My inverter pae 4024 shut down, the ME-RC  says  "internal bridge"   This is what we did on the work bench :
1  connect dc power    me-rc  goes through it's test ,3 small lights  green- amber -red  on the control board, status light comes on ,fan, comes on for about 4 sec,then goes off
  2  start the inverter   a/c board click  inverter  goes into search mode  with led flashing  ( a 10 watt load is on the output)  after about  10 sec   loud click from the a/c board , shut down and me-rc showing internal bridge

3 disc the a/c board from the control board  , reconnect dc power  fan runs continually  and only 2 of the small led are on  green & red ,  not starting with the start sw

Does this looks like control  or a/c board?        It's too costly the ship the unit   if i can determin which board is flty  i can order it but not all the boards
  iknow this is long but i'm appealing
        Jason

boB

I don't remember exactly what "Internal Bridge" error means but the bridge is part of the power board that drives the transformer.

And the error itself comes from the control board.   What is strange is that you were hearing a click from the AC power board ?

Maybe the inverter thinks it has an AC input and is trying to charge ?  Did the AC IN LED blink for that 10 seconds that
the 10 watt load was on ?  If so, maybe it changed over to AC input trying to "charge" from an AC source that was not
there ?

Could it be that the AC output is connected to the AC input ?

Did Magnum not answer the phone when you called or did they just not call you back ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

eastpoint turbine

HI boB  no answer from Magnum on the telephone, my pc  not allowing links to email,     AC in not connected to AC out.  I suspect the controll board has gone ,  not sending correct info to the ac board  .  Will try to call Mangum again on Monday
  Thanks boB
  Jason