Main Menu

Display readout for Volts

Started by 73-GMC-RV, April 04, 2018, 03:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-GMC-RV

When I turn on my Midnight I get these readings on the Volts IN

then when the unit is booted up completely is show only

31.7v

What is the differences in these 2 numbers.  I have 6 100 watt panels   2 strings of 3 panels.

Vic

Hi .. GMC..,

The first number, 56.6,  is the PV Voc (Open Circuit Voltage),   because the Classic has not placed any load on them.

The second number,  31.7,   is the PV Vmp (Maximum Powerpoint Voltage.   This is lower than the first,   as the Classic is drawing current from them.

These two numbers will be different than the PV Ratings for Voc  and Vmp,   as there are temperature effects,   changes in illumination,   etc,   based upon the sun angle,   clouds  ...   moisture in the air,   etc,   compared to the Standard Test Conditions used for Rating PV output.

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

73-GMC-RV

Thanks for the reply... I am new full time resident in my RV.

http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4033.0

Does this numbers look correct for the panels I have installed.

Wondering if the unit and array were performing as expected with the numbers I entered from the panels and todays time of year here in CA.

Sun is getting higher in the sky, these are flat mounted on my RV roof.