News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Advice

Started by JGTRAVERS, May 20, 2018, 12:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGTRAVERS

I need an extension for the 15 foot battery temperature sensor. I see it's 6 wire with a standard phone connector. Can I use the standard 4 wire phone extension or how do I get a 6 wire cable? I need another 10 feet to the batteries on a boat.

ClassicCrazy

Try the regular phone extension and see if it works.
I believe the temperature sensor only uses two wires so depending on which are hooked up  the regular extension should work - unless length is a factor.
I would try extension and see if it works - use MNGP to note battery temperature. Maybe put end in some ice water . Then hook it up without extension and if the temps are reading the same you should be okay.
You can probably use a digital multimeter to ohm out the pins of the cable and see which two have the resistance of the thermistor if you needed to know which pins are being used.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

JGTRAVERS

Thank you sir. The regular extension works. The outside pins are not used so a regular phone line (4 wire) can be used. You can see the battery temperature on the Kid with and without the extension. thanks again