2 Midnite Classic 150 and 1 Whizbang Jr.

Started by erasat, June 18, 2018, 11:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erasat

Hi Guys, new here, sorry if this has been discussed before, I just couldn't find a definitive answer for it.

I'm installing my second Classic 150 with a second PV array to my current Classic 150 and the WB Jr and the Shunt. I already set the Follow me settings in both, and I think I have the BTSNet setting correct also, it wasn't exactly as it's described on the instructions, it seems that the latest firmware changed a couple of things that was previously printed on the instructions, anyway, I have the BTSNET on Master on the old one and set to Follow Me the new Classic.

Now what I'm a little confused is on the WhizBang Jr. Settings on the new Classic, I know that I have to Follow the Classic with the WB Jr. Installed to, but here are my questions;

Do I need to Connect Batt - from the new classic also to the Shunt, so both Classics are connected together on the Shunt?
Do I need to set on Aux 2 settings the WB Jr just like in the first one?
If I finally set this as it should, Am I going to be able to see State Of Charge info on my new Midnite using the Local Status App or because the WB Jr. is connected directly to the first Midnite is that the only one able to see that data?

Any other things you may think and I'm forgetting here that I need to take care when setting this?

I'd really appreciate your help, thank you in advance.

Vic

Quote from: erasat on June 18, 2018, 11:00:17 AM
Hi Guys, new here, sorry if this has been discussed before, I just couldn't find a definitive answer for it.

I'm installing my second Classic 150 with a second PV array to my current Classic 150 and the WB Jr and the Shunt. I already set the Follow me settings in both, and I think I have the BTSNet setting correct also, it wasn't exactly as it's described on the instructions, it seems that the latest firmware changed a couple of things that was previously printed on the instructions, anyway, I have the BTSNET on Master on the old one and set to Follow Me the new Classic.

Now what I'm a little confused is on the WhizBang Jr. Settings on the new Classic, I know that I have to Follow the Classic with the WB Jr. Installed to, but here are my questions;

Do I need to Connect Batt - from the new classic also to the Shunt, so both Classics are connected together on the Shunt?
Do I need to set on Aux 2 settings the WB Jr just like in the first one?
If I finally set this as it should, Am I going to be able to see State Of Charge info on my new Midnite using the Local Status App or because the WB Jr. is connected directly to the first Midnite is that the only one able to see that data?

Any other things you may think and I'm forgetting here that I need to take care when setting this?

I'd really appreciate your help, thank you in advance.

Hi erasat,   welcome to the Forum.

You only need a single BTS when using Follow Me.   It should be connected to the Master Classic  --  there should be no problem having a BTS  connected each Classic.

The battery negative from EACH Classic must connect to the Shunt,   and must connect to the other terminal than the one connected to the battery negative.   Often,   there is a Busbar on  the end of the Shunt that is not connected to the battery negative.

You do NOT want or need to set the WbJr parameters in the new Classic,   as that Classic does not communicate with the WbJr.

The Master Classic's MNGP  will show the TOTAL  battery charging current from each Classic,   and the SOC,   Remaining Ah,   etc on the MNGP's WbJr Status pages,   as will the  Local App (LA).   Each Classic needs to have a unique Net address,   and can be viewed individually on the LA.   The LA  will show the total  battery charge current,  on the main Status  page,  under  Whizbang Jr. - System,   but,  only for the Master Classic.

You will be able to save all of the custom parameters  from each Classic,   using the LA to Copy those,   to a file that you name.

Believe that the above is correct.   Enjoy your system upgrade,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

erasat

I have everything else already set I just had some doubts about this, now I know about the missing pieces.

Thank you.