2 separate systems, 1 internet connection.

Started by my t30, June 20, 2018, 01:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my t30

G'day folks. 
The classic 200 in my cottage shares an internet connection with another cottage, which also has a classic. Both systems are completely separate, aside from the shared internet.  The problem I'm having is that I cant get them to both track on the my mymidnight site. They work if I try them separately, but if i have them both on, the site will pull data from one and not the other.
I remember mentioning this to midnight support on the phone a couple months age and they said it was a known problem and that they were working on a fix. I realise that i kind of have a niche problem, so I am trying to find a work-around in the meantime. Does anyone know exactly why it does not work? Is there problems with both classics on the same public IP address? Same port numbers? If I put them on separate vlans would that help?

ClassicCrazy

I have had two different Classics on MyMidnite - same internet and they showed up on mymidnite - had different tabs on their webpage once I connected. I don't have both on right now so can't check it .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

FNG

This should not be an issue at all, If you share two classics at two houses sharing a single internet connection this should have no relation to them calling in, there is no real limit to how many can be on a single connection and call in.

You say you can get one or the other to call in, So have you had both calling in at seperate times? They dont both have the same IP address from the router some how do they? I would check the IP addresses and verify both are enabled for MM and reboot them both

my t30

Quote from: FNG on June 20, 2018, 03:09:17 PM
This should not be an issue at all, If you share two classics at two houses sharing a single internet connection this should have no relation to them calling in, there is no real limit to how many can be on a single connection and call in.

You say you can get one or the other to call in, So have you had both calling in at seperate times? They dont both have the same IP address from the router some how do they? I would check the IP addresses and verify both are enabled for MM and reboot them both
I would have thought that there would be no real limit as well. Can anyone from the midnight support staff confirm this?

I can get either one independently to call in, but if they are both trying I only get one. They both have separate static IP's. Both have been enabled and rebooted multiple times. It was a couple of months ago so my memory might be a little foggy. I think I will give them a go again in the coming long weekend.

KyleM

QuoteI would have thought that there would be no real limit as well. Can anyone from the midnight support staff confirm this?

FNG is close enough, you can trust his info.

Kyle

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: my t30 on June 20, 2018, 04:25:23 PM

I would have thought that there would be no real limit as well. Can anyone from the midnight support staff confirm this?

I can get either one independently to call in, but if they are both trying I only get one. They both have separate static IP's. Both have been enabled and rebooted multiple times. It was a couple of months ago so my memory might be a little foggy. I think I will give them a go again in the coming long weekend.

It sounds like you should log into MyMidnite and make sure that you have them both registered. Maybe delete the systems and go through the setup all over again.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Westbranch

this should not be an issue.... but are they both running the same FW Version?

I had 2 Cl150's running on the older version of MM... when they introduced MM2 the latebcy of our Sat Internet caused constant drop outs so do not use MM2 at this time...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

my t30

Quote from: Westbranch on June 20, 2018, 10:01:06 PM
this should not be an issue.... but are they both running the same FW Version?

I had 2 Cl150's running on the older version of MM... when they introduced MM2 the latebcy of our Sat Internet caused constant drop outs so do not use MM2 at this time...
Yes they are both on the same firmware version. It is a satellite internet connection, so it has the issues that comes with that. I don't think that would be an issue seeing that they work together independently?

It sounds like you should log into MyMidnite and make sure that you have them both registered. Maybe delete the systems and go through the setup all over again.
Larry
[/quote]I think I'll have to do this. Should get to it in the next week or 2, and will update the thread.

Quote from: KyleM on June 20, 2018, 04:52:34 PM
QuoteI would have thought that there would be no real limit as well. Can anyone from the midnight support staff confirm this?

FNG is close enough, you can trust his info.

Kyle

My apologies if I came across as dismissing FNG's input, I'm sure its legit. I was just going on what I heard from tech support at midnight, but now there are multiple people in this thread who have had it working. So I will have to give it another go.

I really appreciate all of the input guys, thank-you.

[/quote]

FNG

Can you explain your network, Start at the internet provider and work back to the classics, Details on make and model of routers and switches etc. Some times if you stack routers and do double NAT the Classics go crazy, I had a double NAT scenario with netgear routers that caused similar issues.

Westbranch

Larry said :

Yup, bin there, no change, even had to get MN to assist as I could not 'totally'! delete, fragments hung on....??

Download "WIRESHARK" and do a 'sniff' or two.

I timed out at a IP Address for DigitalOcean and it banged at the door 4 or 5 times and never got in... You will probably see there are 4 or so jumps at the Sat  Internet providers too...

Good luck.
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

my t30

Quote from: FNG on June 21, 2018, 07:07:25 AM
Can you explain your network, Start at the internet provider and work back to the classics, Details on make and model of routers and switches etc. Some times if you stack routers and do double NAT the Classics go crazy, I had a double NAT scenario with netgear routers that caused similar issues.
My apologies, I forgot to reply to this. My network config is a little bit odd, I wont know the specific models and stuff till the weekend but here is the basic config.
"1st cottage" Sat internet>>netgear router>>1st classic (1st classic is plugged directly into this router, oddly this is the one it always seems to pick when they are both plugged in.)

"2nd cottage"  cable plugged into 1st router(netgear router>>asus router in ap and switch mode>>second classic.

I'll try this weekend plugging the second classic directly into the first router and see if that makes a difference. Will post again.
Quote from: Westbranch on June 21, 2018, 11:57:46 AM
Larry said :

Yup, bin there, no change, even had to get MN to assist as I could not 'totally'! delete, fragments hung on....??

Download "WIRESHARK" and do a 'sniff' or two.

I timed out at a IP Address for DigitalOcean and it banged at the door 4 or 5 times and never got in... You will probably see there are 4 or so jumps at the Sat  Internet providers too...

Good luck.

I appreciate the comment westbranch, even though most of it went over my head:). I'll do some research into it.

FNG

Ok my issue was double NAT on Netgear routers, When I went to Ubiquity Routers the issue went away. The Sattelite may be an issue also as most Satellite services didnt seem to work with MM to the best of my knowledge.

Please keep me posted I may be able to figure out the settings in the netgear that caused this if I dig a little into my notes