Classing won't wake up from resting (Classic has and will take no Firmware)

Started by santanaaviles, June 24, 2018, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

santanaaviles

Larry, What I mean by the screen question is if the screen in the classic changes when installing firmware or does it just keep showing whatever was on the screen before starting the process. (Im assuming the screen wont change since the mngp is a separate component).

As far as having no Firmware, When I go to the status screen to check the rev version it shows the mngp version (2133 or 2154) but on the Classic it just shows dashes. I've tried installing the firmware several times to no apparent success since it still shows no Rev version and has the Got Comms? Message.

As far as the firmware 2193, I got that number from the android app before the controller went Haywire and from the midnite support FAQ compatibility list.

ClassicCrazy

Yes it should show the firmware that is in it .
If the jumper reset won't work ( I would recheck that you did exactly what it says and did not miss any steps) then you should probably open a ticket with Midnite and get help from their support staff.
The only problem I had in the past with a MNGP that would not update - the jumper reset fixed it. That was awhile ago and I have not had any issues since.
- I can't think of anything else to try.  Hope you get it sorted out and going soon .
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Westbranch

Santa, that screen IS part of the MNGP.
Did you remove it from the Classic's body to remove the protective strip of plastic behind the 'button ' battery?
Was the blue cable disturbed when the MNGP was replaced?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

KyleM

Quote from: santanaaviles on June 24, 2018, 10:09:57 PM
Larry, What I mean by the screen question is if the screen in the classic changes when installing firmware or does it just keep showing whatever was on the screen before starting the process. (Im assuming the screen wont change since the mngp is a separate component).

As far as having no Firmware, When I go to the status screen to check the rev version it shows the mngp version (2133 or 2154) but on the Classic it just shows dashes. I've tried installing the firmware several times to no apparent success since it still shows no Rev version and has the Got Comms? Message.

As far as the firmware 2193, I got that number from the android app before the controller went Haywire and from the midnite support FAQ compatibility list.

Santanaaviles,

When updating the Classic the MNGP screen does not change, when updating the MNGP it blacks itself out.
Also a few quick tips that you might not be aware of.
Always do the Classic first, then the MNGP right after it. DO NOT reboot the classic in between the updates. They are designed to be done back to back.
If for any reason the Classic  update does not go 100% right just do it again.  I personally turn off my PV Power when I am doing updates,
I doubt it will make any difference, but that is how I do it here.
I also turn off antivirus and firewall protection during this process. Any program that " protects"  your computer can at any moment decide it wants to block a connection and it will not always tell you it have blocked it. Windows 10 is really good at this.

I turn off my wifi connection, kill my antivirus and firewall protection.
Run the installer
Plug in the Classic and follow the prompts.
After I have updated the Classic and MNGP. I turn off the Classic wait 10 seconds then power it back up.
I verify that the update has been done then I do a VMM.

So far this process has worked every time on every OS from XP to windows 10......   yes even Vista   

Good luck out there.

KyleM

Vic

Thanks KyleM for the clear,  concise  directions.

Should those be made Sticky,   somewhere,   here?

Thanks again,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

mike90045

Quote from: KyleM on June 25, 2018, 11:52:19 AM
Always do the Classic first, then the MNGP right after it. DO NOT reboot the classic in between the updates. They are designed to be done back to back.
If for any reason the Classic  update does not go 100% right just do it again.  I personally turn off my PV Power when I am doing updates,
I also turn off antivirus and firewall protection during this process. Any program that " protects"  your computer can at any moment decide it wants to block a connection and it will not always tell you it have blocked it. Windows 10 is really good at this.

Run the installer
After I have updated the Classic and MNGP. I turn off the Classic wait 10 seconds then power it back up.

So far this process has worked every time on every OS from XP to windows 10......   yes even Vista   .......

Which installer version is this ?

http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Resthome

Hey KyleM, boB, Robin

How come the posted list of firmware and what is available on the Midnite site is so far out of wack?

Here is what I have in my notes for my 150. I verify this week when I return to the lake.

Classic Firmware : Classic 2151 5/26/17, Network 2122, MNGP 2149  5/26/17 MNGP

Can someone get the Midnite firmware udated on the Midnite web page to match what is being show on the support page.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

FNG

This issue is known, I will mention it to Roy today and get him to update the website

KyleM

Resthome,

Yes we are chasing it down thanks for the heads up though.

We depend on you guys to keep us on our toes.   :D   

KyleM

boB

Quote from: Resthome on June 26, 2018, 03:04:00 AM
Hey KyleM, boB, Robin

How come the posted list of firmware and what is available on the Midnite site is so far out of wack?

Here is what I have in my notes for my 150. I verify this week when I return to the lake.

Classic Firmware : Classic 2151 5/26/17, Network 2122, MNGP 2149  5/26/17 MNGP

Can someone get the Midnite firmware udated on the Midnite web page to match what is being show on the support page.

Thanks Mr. Resthome !  Last I knew, the firmware on our web site wan't quite up to date and needed a bit of  TLC.

Hopefully that will change real soon !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Thanks, guy. I knew you would get it straightened out.

I'd like to see the readme files with summary of fixes/changes stored with the firmware downloads. Helps make a decision on how fast you might want to apply the latest firmware.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

santanaaviles

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 24, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
Yes it should show the firmware that is in it .
If the jumper reset won't work ( I would recheck that you did exactly what it says and did not miss any steps) then you should probably open a ticket with Midnite and get help from their support staff.
The only problem I had in the past with a MNGP that would not update - the jumper reset fixed it. That was awhile ago and I have not had any issues since.
- I can't think of anything else to try.  Hope you get it sorted out and going soon .
Larry

Thanks, working on that,

santanaaviles

Quote from: Westbranch on June 25, 2018, 01:50:01 AM
Santa, that screen IS part of the MNGP.
Did you remove it from the Classic's body to remove the protective strip of plastic behind the 'button ' battery?
Was the blue cable disturbed when the MNGP was replaced?

Yes MNGP was functional and good. No cable was good and MNGP is functioning normaly.

santanaaviles

Quote from: KyleM on June 25, 2018, 11:52:19 AM
Quote from: santanaaviles on June 24, 2018, 10:09:57 PM

Santanaaviles,

When updating the Classic the MNGP screen does not change, when updating the MNGP it blacks itself out.
Also a few quick tips that you might not be aware of.

Run the installer

So far this process has worked every time on every OS from XP to windows 10......   yes even Vista   

Good luck out there.

KyleM

Question about the back to back and do not reboot in between portion of the instructions: Is the turning the classic off and then on again that the installers tells you to do to install the update not considered a reboot? I ask because, at least in my case, after the classic is done installing and I press MNGP the installer will say to turn off the Classic and then turn it back on.  Sorry for the dumb question, new to midnite.

ClassicCrazy

Yes it is okay to turn the power off - you have to to do both updates. They mean you should not do the VMM or jumper reset in between the firmware and MNGP updates .  You only do that after both of them are complete.
Not sure if it was mentioned before but the firmware update goes pretty quickly in a few minutes. The MNGP update takes a lot longer to complete. So be patient with that one.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable