Classing won't wake up from resting (Classic has and will take no Firmware)

Started by santanaaviles, June 24, 2018, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyleM

QuoteQuestion about the back to back and do not reboot in between portion of the instructions: Is the turning the classic off and then on again that the installers tells you to do to install the update not considered a reboot? I ask because, at least in my case, after the classic is done installing and I press MNGP the installer will say to turn off the Classic and then turn it back on.  Sorry for the dumb question, new to midnite.

No such thing as a dumb question. Yes you will need to turn off the Classic when it asks you to do so.

We have had problems with users that do the Classic update and then remove the USB cable, VMM and lose communication with the MNGP.

If this happens it takes a bit of effort to get everyone talking again.   

KyleM

santanaaviles

Quote from: KyleM on June 27, 2018, 11:24:52 AM
QuoteQuestion about the back to back and do not reboot in between portion of the instructions: Is the turning the classic off and then on again that the installers tells you to do to install the update not considered a reboot? I ask because, at least in my case, after the classic is done installing and I press MNGP the installer will say to turn off the Classic and then turn it back on.  Sorry for the dumb question, new to midnite.

No such thing as a dumb question. Yes you will need to turn off the Classic when it asks you to do so.

We have had problems with users that do the Classic update and then remove the USB cable, VMM and lose communication with the MNGP.

If this happens it takes a bit of effort to get everyone talking again.   

KyleM

I see. That's why I asked thinking there was some other way I didn't know but that's how I did it both back to back and then VMM. Thanks for the reply.