LTP: The Lunch Time Project Charge Controller

Started by onanparts, June 29, 2018, 06:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onanparts

Turns out the Midnite Engineers just can't resist coming up with new ideas for Inverters and Charge Controllers even at lunch! Recently they have been messing around with ND, Napkin Designs for a 30 amp and 45 amp MPPT CC to compete with the cheap Chinese junk in that size and cost range. Under $200 I believe. The big difference though is these will be made here in the US! And....the napkins indicate they will have upgrade options/modules of some sort available.

Core design is make it low cost but expandable based on needs. A bare bones MPPT CC that you can add Bluetooth/Wifi, Aux ports etc. That's all the info I have for now. Next visit to MS I'll ask Robin if I can have a peek at the "Napkins" :) No pics as it's still in the "LTPND" phase.

I like the name of "LTP". Lunch Time Project. The MS-LTP? It's not formally named yet, and I know nobody can resist coming up with names for stuff around here! MS-LTP Gets my vote! :)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

Highflyer

All good, but can we PLEASE get the B-17 and Rosie out the door before anything new.  Oh and the Barcelona, and Chinook in 500 watts and 1000 watts, and ALL the other goodness that is headed our way.   

PLEASE

Side note: if its from Midnite, LTP will not stand for "Less Than Perfect"
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

onanparts

Quote from: Highflyer on June 29, 2018, 07:50:25 PM
All good, but can we PLEASE get the B-17 and Rosie out the door before anything new.

LTP means just that. Lunch Time Project. Between bites they are designing this new CC. It won't be taking resources away from any other current projects at all. When the Engineers are "OTC" On The Clock, it's 100% focused on the B-17, Rosie etc.  :)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

harryn

Honestly I don't think that MS main challenge are the imports.  At least in my case, all of the challenges have been either system mounting or wiring termination related.  (classic and kid)

australsolarier

maybe the napkins should be used for related work