Latest Classic Firmware Downloads

Started by Resthome, July 06, 2018, 09:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyleM

Quote from: DEinME on August 15, 2018, 04:28:46 PM
When I need an update, can I download to Linux, put the file on removable storage, and then find a Win PC to do the actual update?

The answer may be an obvious "yes" but other devices/companies require a connection during the update process.  If this is in the Classic manual I haven't found it.

My ENTER buttons make the alternating beep noise often. I just figured I'd get quieter with practice.

You might be able to run this installer in Linux. There are multiple versions that seem to work.
No I don't have a list since it is an unsupported OS BUT I thought I would mention it.

To answer your question there should not be any problem downloading the zip file and then unzipping it onto a windows PC.

KyleM

boB

Quote from: Resthome on August 15, 2018, 05:29:06 PM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on August 15, 2018, 10:31:46 AM
I also noticed that the 2193/2186  is not respecting the quiet time for voice. It talked briefly a couple times announcing the status ( when it started charging )  before the quiet time period ended.

Larry
It's doing that with the current version I have. So that bug apparently didn't get fix yet.

(This was NOT actually edited by boB)

Did not realize the MNGP did this, John.

Thank you for this bit of info.  Will look into this.

boB

PS...  I meant to QUOTE, not modify your text.  Gotta be careful what icon I hit !
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

DEinME

Quote from: KyleM on August 15, 2018, 05:44:40 PM
Quote from: DEinME on August 15, 2018, 04:28:46 PM
When I need an update, can I download to Linux, put the file on removable storage, and then find a Win PC to do the actual update?

The answer may be an obvious "yes" but other devices/companies require a connection during the update process.  If this is in the Classic manual I haven't found it.

My ENTER buttons make the alternating beep noise often. I just figured I'd get quieter with practice.

You might be able to run this installer in Linux. There are multiple versions that seem to work.
No I don't have a list since it is an unsupported OS BUT I thought I would mention it.

To answer your question there should not be any problem downloading the zip file and then unzipping it onto a windows PC.

KyleM
Sounds like it's worth a try. Thanks.
4800W PV in 2 circuits of 96V & 50A each after the Midnight combiner. Two Midnight Classic 200. MagnaSine 4448 split phase inverter on a Midnight e-panel. 700Ah or 900Ah FLA @ 48V. Birdhouse,WBjr, etc. Replaces 16-year-old off-grid full-time 408W PV & 300W Morningstar inverter.

Resthome

Quote from: boB on August 16, 2018, 01:31:14 AM
Quote from: Resthome on August 15, 2018, 05:29:06 PM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on August 15, 2018, 10:31:46 AM
I also noticed that the 2193/2186  is not respecting the quiet time for voice. It talked briefly a couple times announcing the status ( when it started charging )  before the quiet time period ended.

Larry
It's doing that with the current version I have. So that bug apparently didn't get fix yet.

(This was NOT actually edited by boB)

Did not realize the MNGP did this, John.

Thank you for this bit of info.  Will look into this.

boB

PS...  I meant to QUOTE, not modify your text.  Gotta be careful what icon I hit !

boB,  IIRC it's in the morning when it starts charging or comes out of resting even though the Voice is set to be off until say 9:00AM. Not sure if this is 100% or intermittent. Hope to get back to the boat over Labor Day weekend, so I watch it more closely.

Oh, and the version I am running was the one that was provided for the Voice beta when the DTD feature was first added and the version # did not change.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

ClassicCrazy

Now after not talking for a awhile  it all of a sudden says
" I bet you got a big charge out of that Buster "  or something like that  in mans voice.
And then the woman voice  read off the screen .
I have it on
Chatty Cathy mode
Status 1:00 Errors 30
It is 7:47 pm so maybe going to Resting Mode is what triggered it ?
It is within the okay to talk settings times .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable