Classic Status 4 Plus not working on Windows 10

Started by Just4Fun20, July 16, 2018, 03:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just4Fun20

First, count me in as in favor of an "improved" local app.  I read the other thread (s).  I'm OK with an web box in between.  I use a Raspberry Pi all the time and they're good units.  Arduino is also very highly rated. 

Back to my current issue.  I had Classic Status 4 Plus running but had to retire the Windows 10 machine.  On my new machine it fails to connect and I get the message "No Device Found or Connection Time Out". 

I can ping the classic IP address without problem. 

I've disabled the Windows firewall, but still can't connect. 

I installed the Android application.  I have to agree, that's a really outstanding app.  I even looked for an android simulator so I could run it instead but there were other issues.  At any rate... it works fine.  I can connect. 

So I know the Classic is fine.  I know the Classic is on the expected IP address and using port 502.  I'm not running the two apps concurrently.  I know the network is good. 

Any ideas on what else to try to get this working on Windows? 

ClassicCrazy

Not sure what Classic Status 4 Plus is ?
Is this the same as the Local Status App ?
I would uninstall all the programs and reinstall and see if that fixes it not starting up.
In regards to Android simulator - try Memu Play - that is a good one .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

KyleM

Set the local app to Auto detect Classic in the configuration menu.
Restart the Classic.

By restarting the Classic while connected to the LAN the network config in the Classic should broadcast to the Local App.

Sometimes it will error out and not restart itself when you connect it to the network. Anytime you hook a cable be it RJ45 for the network or the 6 pin RJ12 for follow me, it is always a good idea to restart the Classic.

Kyle

FNG

Are you saying it was running on windows 10 and you bought a new windows 10 machine and now it wont run?

The device not found is basically the programs way of saying it did not get an answer from that IP and Port, You dont still have the android app or the local app running do you? They keep the classics connection open continous