News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Whiz Bang Jr. Capacity reading accuracy

Started by mohbbb1985, July 21, 2018, 02:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Here is a Link to some tests done at Sandia Labs.   Had read this some time ago,   and probably have forgotten too many of the fine details:

https://xtronics.com/uploads/batpapsteve.pdf

More later,   need to shed some loads,   as it has been and continues to be hot here.

FWIW,  regards,    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

SolarMusher

Very interesting paper! Thanks for sharing it Vic.
I was also looking and trying to find the G spot for years  ;D and finally found that 88% to 90% eff. was good enough on mine with 80 to 100% SOC cycles.
A+,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

boB

Thanks for the paper link, Vic.  We spent a couple of days at that lab playing with arc fault.

They do some cool stuff there.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Hi Erik,   boB,

I claim to know nothing about batteries,   in any detail.

We are presently using 70%  as the Ah Charge Efficiency value,   and it appears to be too high.   But,   these FLAs are 13 years old ...

OK boB on spending time at the Sandia Labs with arc faults.   Respect and appreciate the work that they,   and the NREL do,   and publish.

Best regards,      Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

That article suggests that it would be neat to have  charge efficiency change with an adjustable slope above some settable SOC percentage.

Doesn't sound too difficult.

Maybe some day or in another product ?

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me