Any documentation on logging?

Started by Tinman, December 12, 2011, 07:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinman

The logs menu feature doesn't seem to provide much information consistent with what one would expect. For example:

In logs I select the top right physical button to get to daily logs. I select kW Hours and see a detail number.

I scroll to Amp-Hrs and the value is the same. Hardly what I would expect.

many of the other details are likewise of little value and seemingly impossible.

Is there some documentation regarding logs, perhaps with some example type and how they were derived?

I realize that a Trimetric or similar would give me the end result data but without good data from the Classic there is no way to determine source vs destination performance. One of the primary selling points (for me)  of the Classic was the access to logged data, remote access and so on.

boB

Well, considering this post is more than a year and 1/2 old, I would suggest updating the firmware.  I bet the logging is much better now.

Sorry this was not replied to a LONG time ago !!

I bet we were too busy trying to fix related problems !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mike90045

OK, I've just installed a new Classic 200 (shipped prior to the free whizbangjr !!!)  and while it's running, and charging, even when it's "resting" the FET's run hot (10 ambient, 31 FET).  When the sun was out, and the Classic throttled back because its' setpoints were reached, it was in FLOAT, 0watts, and the cooling fan was periodically coming on.  It's a toasty beast.

I've got the new firmware on my laptop, and will head over to the battery shed in the AM.  is there any way to SAVE the current configuration, and reload it after a update , or do it all manually from notes ?
Hopefully, the new FW will solve the monitor app from loosing connection every 90 sec.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

boB

The fans shouldn't be coming on when FET temp is 31 C.  Should be almost 20 C hotter than that.
Almost...

31C isn't very hot though which is a 21 C degree rise above your ambient of 10 C.

No way really to save the setup except for reading the modbus registers into a file which can be
done.  Actually, that would be a great addition to the Local App status panel.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Quote from: boB on May 05, 2014, 03:35:15 AM

The fans shouldn't be coming on when FET temp is 31 C.  Should be almost 20 C hotter than that.
Almost...

With the Beta 1849 my fans come on around FET temp 45 C. Seems like previous versions they didn't come on until after 50 C. But what do I know.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

boB

Quote from: Resthome on May 05, 2014, 10:35:17 AM
Quote from: boB on May 05, 2014, 03:35:15 AM

Almost...

With the Beta 1849 my fans come on around FET temp 45 C. Seems like previous versions they didn't come on until after 50 C. But what do I know.

Yeah, 45C is about right for the internal fans to come on.  External turbo fan is 50c or 55c I think.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mike90045

the PCB and FET temps stay high all night, no fan, but lots of heat going on in there all night.  Yes. the disco lighting is OFF.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV