Voltage drop, low charge power

Started by Jose Miranda, September 04, 2018, 10:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose Miranda

Thanks boB. I'll check the versions when I get home.
Jose

Classic 150, Schneider SW4048, Combox, Raspberry Pi 4.

boB

Oh, Just heard from Andrew...  There IS a siren sound in Chatty-Kathy audio mode that will come up some times.  He needed to fill one of those
sounds with something temporarily.

If it is this that is causing that sound and you don't want to hear it, go to the MISC menu.  Then AUDIO menu (or SOUND ?)
and change from Chatty-Kathy to VERBOSE maybe ?  You can also turn it OFF if you like which should be  RICK MODE.

I think that RICK MODE will only make noise when there is an error that you will want to know about.  No sirens or
alarms that I know of.  The siren you heard MAY have been a Star Trek type sound ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: boB on September 25, 2018, 03:40:20 PM

Oh, Just heard from Andrew...  There IS a siren sound in Chatty-Kathy audio mode that will come up some times.  He needed to fill one of those

If it is this that is causing that sound and you don't want to hear it, go to the MISC menu.  Then AUDIO menu (or SOUND ?)
and change from Chatty-Kathy to VERBOSE maybe ?  You can also turn it OFF if you like which should be  RICK MODE.

I think that RICK MODE will only make noise when there is an error that you will want to know about.  No sirens or
alarms that I know of.  The siren you heard MAY have been a Star Trek type sound ?

boB

boB -
I don't mind all the silly sounds and  voices talking - kind of funny. I just wish there was a one button solution like Enter - to mute them - like if I am on the phone and they start talking  --it is really hard to shut them off without a lot of button pushing.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Jose Miranda

Quote from: boB on September 25, 2018, 03:40:20 PM

boB

It was in Rick Mode.
Jose

Jose Miranda

Quote from: boB on September 25, 2018, 02:29:18 PM
Jose, can you please look at the revision and date of the MNGP code ?

Just press STATUS several times until you get that information screen.

Maybe the Classic rev too but mainly the MNGP rev.

We have revised the MNGP code a time or two to help with this alarm noise issue but I thought that
it only happened when the ENTER button was pressed in the main STATUS menu.  Maybe there was
a version that had some randomness to this noise ?  I have alerted the engineer about this thread.

Thanks,
boB

MNGP: 2186
Classic: 2126
Jose

Jose Miranda

I think I have an outdated firmware... Should I upgrade it?
Jose

Westbranch

Yes, sorry but I cant locate the list of matching F W versions to  MNGP Version...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

boB

Quote from: Jose Miranda on September 25, 2018, 08:11:00 PM
I think I have an outdated firmware... Should I upgrade it?

No, I don't think there is a new version YET.   This must be a bug.

I really like the idea for a MUTE button !

Any news on the low power yet ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Jose Miranda

The electrician is coming tomorrow during the afternoon. I will let you know.

What do you mean with a bug? That the Classic has a bug in the current firmware that shows the wrong version number?
Jose

boB

Quote from: Jose Miranda on September 26, 2018, 05:50:11 PM
The electrician is coming tomorrow during the afternoon. I will let you know.

What do you mean with a bug? That the Classic has a bug in the current firmware that shows the wrong version number?

No, just that you heard a noise when it was set to Rick Mode.   i.e.  It should have been quiet ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Jose Miranda

Problem solved!

The negative and ground PV wires were inverted. The electrician noticed the error and swapped them, and it is working correctly now! Thanks for the help!
Jose

boB

WoW !  Interesting issue !  Have never heard of that one before !

Thank you Jose for letting us know.

Carry on....

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

australsolarier

jose miranda,
i want to know who was inverting those wires.

FNG

When the PV is in overcast conditions the classic will drag the voltage down more than normal to find the maximum current output in amps out of the array,

With 3 modules running around 120 volts open circuit when it is in ideal conditions and in bulk mppt I would expect about 96 volts.