Skip Days

Started by pk, December 18, 2018, 05:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pk

Hi all,

Just got my system up and running a couple weeks ago and so far so good, I am figuring things out thanks to you all here on the forum.  I have a question about an issue that may come up, hope someone can let me know what they think.  I am using skip days over the winter due to the fact that the house is empty over the winter and I think it would be good to let the batteries get below 70% once a week or so.  I have the AGS set so that if batteries get below 50% it will kick in and the generator exercises once a week for 15 minutes.
My question is this, if my voltage goes down enough to activate the generator during one of my skip days, will the charge controller still initiate a bulk charge?  or will it float for the 3 hours that the generator is scheduled to run?  How about when the genset comes on during its weekly exercise cycle? 

Thanks.
12 x 310w Hanwha panels, Classic 150 w/WBJr, 12 Crown 390Ah FLA batteries, 48v, Schneider 4048 Inverter w/AGS, 14Kw Kohler LP genset

pk

Wait, I think I have it figured out.   I think the generator charges through the Schneider inverter/charger, regardless of what the Classic 150 says, the whiz bang will measure the charging amperage but the charging is determined by advanced settings in the SW4048 menu.  The Classic 150 only deals with the DC current coming from the PV array, any AC input is handled by inverter/charger.

I think.
12 x 310w Hanwha panels, Classic 150 w/WBJr, 12 Crown 390Ah FLA batteries, 48v, Schneider 4048 Inverter w/AGS, 14Kw Kohler LP genset

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: pk on December 25, 2018, 07:53:03 PM
Wait, I think I have it figured out.   I think the generator charges through the Schneider inverter/charger, regardless of what the Classic 150 says, the whiz bang will measure the charging amperage but the charging is determined by advanced settings in the SW4048 menu.  The Classic 150 only deals with the DC current coming from the PV array, any AC input is handled by inverter/charger.

I think.

Yep you got it .
That is the way it works with my Outback inverter
I can read the inverter charging amps in the Whizbang and it will count down on the Midnite SOC but that is all - won't show the inverter status on Classic .  This is dependent on if your inverter uses the same shunt that the Whizbang is using - so that would be the only one between the battery  negative and everything else . One side of the shunt goes to battery - everything else is on the other side of the shunt and no other connections to battery negative.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Yep.  Sounds right to me.

Whizbang Junior will show all combined current into/out of the battery no matter from what source or load.

If the generator and Schneider bring the battery up higher than the Classic is set for, then the Classic may or may not stay in Absorb but current through the WB Jr. will still be measured.

Merry Christmas !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me