Well after kicking the ‘what battery’ ball around for a year I ordered...

Started by alyaz, September 14, 2018, 08:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alyaz

Well still no sign of the batteries...  Have been trying to at least appear patient.  Will call before the end of the week to see if anyone happens to know anything...  7 1/2 weeks so far.  At some point they may be keeping their batteries or getting sent back  :-)
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

ClassicCrazy

I wouldn't have been as patient as you  -- someone should be able to tell you the progress of your order .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

SolarMusher

Quote from: alyaz on September 25, 2018, 08:40:48 PM
Well still no sign of the batteries...  Have been trying to at least appear patient.  Will call before the end of the week to see if anyone happens to know anything...  7 1/2 weeks so far.  At some point they may be keeping their batteries or getting sent back  :-)

It's not that simple with Rolls... Obviously, you didn't choose the right dealer. 7 1/2 weeks..., lol!
A+,
Erik in QC
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

alyaz

3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

Vic

Hi Al,

Believe that Surrette does build-to-order.   For batteries that are produced in larger volumes,   there could be some factory-stock.   Some Distributors/Dealers, might have volume purchase agreements to buy a certain number of specific batteries,   over a period of time.   Such arrangements can reduce the lead-times for specific batteries.

Historically the lead-times have been quoted as 6 - 8 weeks.   Some models might need a bit more time,   but,   by this point,   they,   or your Dealer owe you an answer on WHEN.

Would guess,   that perhaps the 4KS21s  may not be a large volume item  --  this would probably increase lead-times,   particularly if your Dealer has not been selling a large number of these batteries.

IMO  please Contact Surrette Sales,   at:

•Phone: 1.800.681.9914
•Fax: 1.800.681.9915
•Sales: sales@rollsbattery.com

You might want to try to also find out if there is any Distributor that is involved with this order,   as this might help Surrette find where your order is in the process.

Some years ago,  Jamie Surrette was the person who helped Expedite orders,  and/or  help give ship dates,   etc.    This may not still be the case.

You DO deserve getting a  fairly accurate ship date.

Beat on your Dealer to get any info that Surrette needs to help you get this info.

Why not try contacting Surrette,   today?   And ask them what info they would need to get you this ship-date.

Again,   they have always been very helpful to me, (both Sales and Tech Support).

Good Luck,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

alyaz

Thanks Vic

I have contacted Rolls directly and they told me they could not breach their manufacturer / dealer confidentiality.  ???

I did call the local place I ordered them from again this morning.  Told them I wasn’t trying to be difficult but needed either a tracking number or some accurate information.  I told them I wanted an answer back today.  If not I will call tomorrow and likely cancel the order. 

Will keep you posted.

alyaz

Just an update.

Rolls contacted the ‘dealer’ and then told me that someone from the ‘dealership' would contact me today.  Rolls would not tell me if or when the batteries were ordered.  Secret stuff I guess.

I waited until closing time and then called the ‘dealer.’  The guy that was supposed to call me had left for the weekend.  Surprise. 

I spoke to the owner who said he would call me back, which he did.  It is his belief that the order was not put in initially (as they do it through a solar place in the Lower Mainland) and he is thinking that the batteries should be here next week, from what information he could learn.

If Rolls would just tell me something, anything... it would clear a lot up.

The owner seems to get it and was apologetic that the ball got dropped... Said he will get a proper update this coming week.

So that’s the latest gang. 

Vic

Hi Al,

Hope that you get the info that you need,   Monday,   and that what you hear is good news.

Also hope that you can hang in with Surrette and your dealer.

In addition to getting very good support and service from Surrette,   all of the Surrette battery banks here have been in service for 13 years.   The two main banks are 4KS25s,   which have give predictable behavior  and continue to serve well.   One bank has been a bit abused,   and will probably be the first to begin to fail,   but,   still,   have all been good work-horses.

Good luck,   and please do let us know how things are going.     Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

alyaz

Hey Vic

Yes I know the Rolls are a good product and my queries with the Rolls techs leading up to my order was excellent.  I do feel that their tech assistance is solid so that was one of the reasons I wanted the Rolls. 

The local place I ordered them went through a dealer who says they shipped last week, however the ‘freight tracking number’ isn’t showing anything further...  My last email(s) to Rolls asking the date they shipped has been ignored.  Guess I am the bad guy now. 

Hopefully I hear more next week.  I missed a ‘free transport’ from a friend who was heading this way and the electrician on island has finished up and left.  Complicates things but nothing I can do about it.  Kinda freaked out about doing the battery hookup myself but I will worry about that when the time comes.

ClassicCrazy

sorry to hear about the hassle you are having .
I don't understand though why Rolls would not tell you if they shipped your batteries or not.
Seems like someone is covering something up or why wouldn't they just tell you ?
Some of us o the group here can probably give you some free advice on wiring up your batteries . Photos of your system would help so we know what you have there.

It probably wouldn't hurt to start checking with some other battery suppliers too !

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

alyaz

alyaz

Was advised this morning that the batteries landed in Vancouver.  Next leg of the trip is a barge ride up the Sunshine Coast...

Vic

mike90045

QuoteGreat news,  Al.   Good luck when moving them.    Vic 

The arrow is supposed to point up ?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

alyaz

Ha.  If there is an arrow I will make sure it points up.  Batteries made it to Powell River today... getting closer.