KIDD won't charge after storm

Started by sandfantom, August 10, 2018, 11:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Hi again jrodr...,

Should have added,   that you might try a different charge Mode in the KID:

Try setting the Legacy O&P  Mode,  to see if that increases the amount of output current you see.

Please let us know how you are doing,   Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

jrodrigz99

Sorry for being so late with the update. Just a couple minutes ago I wired 6 new 255 W panels to the Kid (2 strings of 3 modules each) and it is working nice, even better than the Schneider. So, will wait a couple days for battery to recover and then equalize. What happened with the Kyoceras was that some panels developed what it seems to be a web of cracks or delamination, I am not sure, and voltage was right but amps were very, very low. Talked to a Kyocera representative and told me to take apart the panels that did not show any sign of problems and wire them to my system. I did, but panels behaved as bad as the one with webs, so, I am going to test each individually with a Morningstar PS-30 charge controller and a 12V battery and going to order some diodes for further testings if needed.

Thanks to all of you who gave me recommendations.

ClassicCrazy

you can take the two wires from  each individual panel  and short them together and get the Isc short circuit current. You either have to have a DC capable clamp amp meter or use a regular DMM amp meter in series in the amp setting.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable