Your experiences with glitchy Magnum ME-ARC remotes?

Started by alyaz, September 23, 2018, 02:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alyaz

My Magnum ME-ARC remote is acting up.  The button for ‘meter’ is not functioning at all any longer and some of the other buttons require pressing them several times before they work.  It is mounted in the house in a clean environment.  Has anyone experienced this sort of thing and is there any value in taking it apart and trying to clean the contacts for the pads?  Thanks.
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

boB

Is this an old or a new remote ?   Did it work good before ?

What can happen is that the contacts on the PCB can get dirty OR the conductive rubber pad can rub off.

If it were my ARC, I would take it apart and clean the PCB with some alcohol.  If that's not the problem, maybe
Magnum could send you a new keypad piece to replace it with OR maybe they can fix it for you.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

alyaz

The remote is about four or five years old.  Yes it worked fine up until a few months ago until it began to gradually get worse until the one button did not work at all.  Copy, will pop the knob off and see if I can clean it up inside... thanks.
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

alyaz

Well I bought a new ARC remote on Amazon.ca.  Has tons more parameters in it cause it is the newest version (most of them I don’t have a frickin clue what they are!  Ha!).  Also took my old ARC apart and cleaned it up as boB suggested and it is working!  Will keep it as a backup :-)