News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Midnite stuff...

Started by alyaz, October 11, 2018, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alyaz

...Rocks!  So does their support and so does the Midnite community.  I’m the guy that bought the $1000 Sony Betamax in the 80’s when the video machine technology was at war.  The smart money was on Betamax cause it was, well just better.  Ya okay, ended up giving it away years later.  Then when I moved off grid I tried to do my research into the cutting edge controllers.  Yup bought an Apollo T80.  Still have it and it is actually really intuitive.  It has a smart shunt relay that tells you SOC, and this was like seven years ago.  Works pretty well too, as it and my Magnum BMK SOC are usually within a few points.  BUT, Apollo has absolutely no customer care, no forum, no nuttin.  Not even sure anyone is in the offices at Apollo.  I have a spare Midnite controller that I will be replacing the Apollo with shortly.  The Apollo will be on the bench in case of an emergency.  Anyway, the moral of my story is that there is so much help, assistance and support with Midnite stuff that it makes me think I finally picked the right product(s) :-)
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

ClassicCrazy

yeah nice to be able to communicate with the staff and engineers of a product. The Midnite controllers have been keeping my solar system powered up for many years - no problems.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Ron Swanson

You can buy all the cool specs you want, but without support, in the end you get nuttin'.