Whizbang not flashing readings on mainscreen...

Started by alyaz, October 20, 2018, 08:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alyaz

Hooked up the Whizbang today.  It is blinking the blue LED every five seconds, showing it is hooked up correctly and sending info.  However, it is not flashing on the mainscreen every five or so seconds.  I have to toggle in three screens to see the Whizbang readings.  It is showing everything that the instruction sheet shows it should be showing on that screen.

I do have the newest firmware updates, both on the Classic and the screen.  I have three Classics all running independently (not on follow me yet).  The Whizbang info should still flash on the mainscreen of the Classic it is hooked to though right?

It is a Whizbang that was sent to me about five years ago.  Did the earlier (this) versions maybe not do the display on the mainscreen (home screen)?
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

ClassicCrazy

The Whizbang doesn't really show up on the main MNGP screen - the only data you see from it is that the bottom right status will change about every 10 seconds to show the SOC state of charge for about 3 seconds and then go back to showing the status.

Do  you see the SOC on the Whizbang screen ?

The best way to see the info from the Whizbang info is to use Grahams Classic Monitoring app for Android.  The Local Status App will also show the System Amps which is the amount of charge going into or out of the battery reported by Whizbang. 

You can also see System Amps on the Midnite Local Status app.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

alyaz

Copy.

No, I don’t see the SOC flashing at all on the main screen.
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

boB

When the Whizbang Junior is first connected and the Classic has not gone from Absorb to Float, the SOC% will not show up on the main status screen of the MNGP.

If you press the STATUS button 2 times (or is it 3 times ?), you will come to the WB Jr. screen that will be showing the present assumed SOC% but it will be flashing on and off.  It does this when it has not gone from Absorb to Float one time yet.  As soon as it does that first time, it will show State Of Charge % every so many seconds on the main status screen.  The SOC% will also stop flashing on the WB Jr. after that.  This is because before the Absorb to Float transition, 100% state of charge cannot be trusted.

You can force that 100% though if you want to.   In the WB Jr. menu, press the upper left key (Soft-Left).  In this menu, hold down the LEFT ARROW key.  While holding that down, hold down the ENTER button for a second or two.  That should tell the Classic to make it look like it went from Absorb to Float and make the SOC = 100% trusted.  I have found that sometimes you have to do this a couple times so just do that Left arrow and ENTER two or three times.  Then, when you go back to the main WB Jr. menu, the SOC% should have stopped flashing and show 100%.  Then, you will see the SOC show up on the main status screen.

This will stay until the Classic is powered down and up again.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

alyaz