News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

WhizBang Jr works at night?

Started by Vsheetz, January 29, 2019, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vsheetz

I have a Classic 150 with 1500w of panels. Just today got it on my network and the Classic Monitor app working. All worked great. Now that night time has come it appears to not report anything.  Battery voltage, temps, nothing that could without sun on the panels. I thought it would still be powered from the battery bank. Evidently wrong thinking.

I don't have WizBang Jr installed. If I did, am I correct that it would also not report battery current in/out and SoC at night either?  If not, then i need a differing battery monitor.

Or am I not understanding or configured properly?

Thanks!

ClassicCrazy

Yes if you have the Whizbang on your system you will see all the data at night . That is the only way it knows how to do accurate SOC because it has to know what is coming out of the battery at night as well as what is going in.
Are you talking about Grahams android Classic Monitoring app ?
There is also the official Midnite Local Status app 
and Mymidnite online info if you have internet hooked hooked up you can look it up on the web once you set that up.
All of the above should show  you the battery info volts, temps, etc day or night and also the SOC and system amps if you have Whizbang installed.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Vsheetz

Thanks Larry.

Yes, using Grahms software app for Android.

Based on your comments, I rechecked and now the app is displaying battery volts, temps, etc.
Must have had a communications issue when I was trying previously.

Thanks for you help!
Vince.