Beta Firmware update 2245 MNGP 2197

Started by ClassicCrazy, November 05, 2018, 12:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

Bob shared this update on a different forum topic discussion .
Since it isn't on the main Midnite page maybe consider it Beta test
http://bob.midniteftp.com/Classic-Code-V2245-8-20-2018_MNGP-V2197-8-7-2018.zip
You need to download the last official firmware release from the Midnite page and use the Classic Programmer exe located in that with these update files

Quoting Bob from other post about changes
"Sure, give it a try.  So far, it's working fine at the shop.

For the MNGP changes, I can't remember a lot but one thing I think it did was to stop that annoying Siren  BEEEEP  BEEEEP when pressing ENTER.

One thing that is changed in the Classic code is the addition of a wait state in the Flash memory reading which can help processor weirdness.
HOWEVER, I don't think there is a big chance that a processor that has been going for 6 years is going to acquire an anomaly like WDT resetting but I could be wrong.

I'm hoping I'm wrong so that Sirmoiu can get back to having his batteries charged properly again.

boB"

I just got both of my Classics updated to 2197 MNGP and 2245 Classic and all is working fine so far.
They are in Follow Me mode - just hooked them up that way last week when I added more PV.
The second Classic wouldn't update the MNGP so I opened it up to unplug the follow me cable from jack to see if that was messing it up.
Found that I messed up and had plugged the MNGP in the second jack instead of top one ! After plugging MNGP into proper jack the update went just fine.
Yes the annoying continuous tone  is gone in audio mode from pressing the buttons on MNGP ! Now we will see if it keeps the other announcements inside the quiet time hours - and if it does not play all the funny sound effects at random times like it did before. That was fun but wish there was a separate Audio mode labeled Humorous in addition to Chatty Cathy and Verbose.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

One small incongruity that I notice is still there is - I have quiet time set to 9:30 am  but the Classic Voice will still announce when it wakes up and say it's status  soon as it is light enough  - I think it was around 7 am when I heard it this morning.  But all the other announcements are staying within the time ranges that are set .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on November 06, 2018, 06:04:26 PM
One small incongruity that I notice is still there is - I have quiet time set to 9:30 am  but the Classic Voice will still announce when it wakes up and say it's status  soon as it is light enough  - I think it was around 7 am when I heard it this morning.  But all the other announcements are staying within the time ranges that are set .

Larry

Thanks Larry...  This issue has been sent to Andrew, the present day MNGP master.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

I changed it from Chatty Cathy to Verbose mode - will see if it does  the errant talking there too.
Also turned off the auto reset at midnight - you mentioned it in other post - and I will give it a try with no resets and see if all is well

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable