MidNite Solar Amateur radio club KI7AIE

Started by Doug, November 15, 2018, 04:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

MidNite Solar has a small but growing Ham radio club. Many of us are Hams of one sort or another.
Our Club station is off the air at the moment (Trucks and antennas don't mix) But we also do satellites, APRS and other nerdy stuff.

This is a place for other hams or ham wannabes to chime in.

Doug
AF7ZQ

boB

Hey !   Ham it up !

KI7AIE    AIE is  Amateurs In Energy (I guess)

boB  K7IQ
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Hi Doug,

Thanks for posting this info.   Have fun with the Club station,   and hope that you can get your aerials above the truck traffic.

You folks can keep a secret well  --  looks like your club dates back to Jan, 2016.

Some years ago,   boB  and I were trying to hook up on 20M,  while he was mobile,   on the way to work.  The propagation for that path  did not work on the number of tries that we made   ...

73,  Have MORE Fun!!   Vic,   Kilo Six Italy Charlie.

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Doug

Thanks Vic,

Not so much a secret as not a lot of exposure. The club is open to all.
One of the fun things is getting someone on the air for the first time.
They're usually nervous and excited.
I'm a VE and have been trying to talk a couple others into becoming VEs so we can do testing.

We thought we had the antenna high enough but one of the trucks went by with its back end raised and snagged the coax.
The antenna survived but we are not allowed to put it back up. So we will adopt stealth mode.

A QSO to your QTH should be easy from here. I talk to that area on 40 meters fairly often.
Haven't tried on 20 though.

Doug