Acceries needed to get the Kid to communicate with the Graham Android app.

Started by UpNorthMan, November 16, 2018, 10:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpNorthMan

Hello all!
Is there a simple write up for any acceries and steps needed to use the Graham Android app to communicate with a Kid? I have a remote cabin and would like monitor the system when I'm there. Currently no wifi. I'm not looking for remote monitoring at this point, but that may be in the future. I'm not totally tech savvy, but can catch on quick.
Thanks in advance.
Ed
1000W panels Kid CC 230ah battery bank @48v
Weekend cabin, 250w inverter.
Waiting for the new inverter to be released so I can finish my install!

ClassicCrazy

Grahams Android app only works with the Classic not the Kid. So no go there.
The closest thing to a graphic app that will work with the Kid is the Node Red one that Ricardo was working on - look in opensource software.
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4074.0
Also this topic
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4066.0
The only way to communicate with the Kid is via serial connection and the data that is available is very limited.
There is info on the forum on the way to connect up to the Kid to do that . Might need a some serial TTL conversion - I don't remember now.
Grahams app communicates to Classic via the network port and there is no networking in the Kid  - only limited serial as mentioned above. The Classic has lots of modbus data available for monitoring as well as control - none of those are available in the Kid.
I think maybe DGD also has some info in Arduino opensource section about connecting to the Kid .
Maybe ask Santa to bring you a Classic if you want to do much better local and remote monitoring of your system.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

UpNorthMan

Thanks Larry!
For the short term, I'll stick with the Kid display. When they get some of their stuff nailed down, maybe they can share with the rest of us!
Ps, I've been to naughty this year, Santa won't be stopping for me!
Ed
1000W panels Kid CC 230ah battery bank @48v
Weekend cabin, 250w inverter.
Waiting for the new inverter to be released so I can finish my install!