Got Comm, Unused Address, beeps and more

Started by Exclavius, December 27, 2018, 12:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Updating is usually done through the USB jack and you don't need the MNGP to communicate.  The job is done

through the bootloader on the Classic.  And, IF you are updating the MNGP, the bootloader on it is used.

No modbus is used to update either one. 

If the Classic processor is dead, or something else it won't work too well of course.

You CAN update the Classic itself without updating the MNGP in most cases.

OR just let us take care of it with an RMA  :)

Happy new year (almost)

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Exclavius

Yup, I understand all of what you just said, it's just that the update process doesn't recognize that I turned on the classic.... So it hangs at "Turn on Classic to start process"

I'm pretty sure Ryan is in the process of taking care of the RMA.

boB

Quote from: Exclavius on December 29, 2018, 06:45:23 AM
Yup, I understand all of what you just said, it's just that the update process doesn't recognize that I turned on the classic.... So it hangs at "Turn on Classic to start process"

I'm pretty sure Ryan is in the process of taking care of the RMA.

OK, then it's toast.  Geeesh !  Sorry about that.  Dang electronics !

Things just break sometimes and nothing we can do about it except fix it.

What we hope is that it's something like a bad solder connection and there is a reason it
broke that we can pinpoint and try to make sure that particular area doesn't have a problem again.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Exclavius

Just want to say thank you to Michelle, Ryan, boB (and others that may have helped)
Everything is up and working without a hitch.
The service has been and exceeded what I had been led to believe when researching the company, and I'm glad I chose you guys.

I had never had to deal with a major warranty repair/replacement before.. and you made it easy.

Thanks again
Luke

PS, now I don't have to eat crow with my neighbor in our whose CC is better "discussion"  ;D

boB

YiPPeEEEeeeE !!!

So glad it's working now !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me