arc fault triggering observation

Started by australsolarier, January 12, 2019, 01:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

australsolarier

i have a 48v system with 4 midnite classics in follow me mode. as i have previously experienced the sensitivity needs to go up. all midnites triggered arc fault below 12.
having rewired one of the classics with new multiple strings , rather long, the longest string 30m or thereabouts. this midnite had worked alright with another group of strings. that midnite  was triggering arc fault in the mornings. so i raised the sensitivity.
what i observed, i just happened to turn on the split inverter air conditioner. the remote is 5m from the status panel. 5m back and the status panel was red.  inverter air conditioners have soft starts, and it is the smallest model in the market, 600w at full power. the solar DC cable passes the AC supply for the indoor unit of the aircon. it "T's" it, but still 10cm apart at the top of the T.
just thought i am mentioning it here.

ClassicCrazy

Are you saying that the AC cable and the DC cable together is what caused the arc fault ? AC induced into the DC line ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

australsolarier

classic crazy,
it looks like that. but of course it is all a mystery. it is just an observation, certainly not conclusive